Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For Plumbers

whitie

I want to fit one of the showers that are intergrated into the Taps. On my bath at the moment I just have normal taps...so:

Is it possible? Are all taps the same distance apart, so I can justwalk in and buy any shower I see.

What sort of things would be required to change the taps (Any welding?)

Cheers

So as a rule, you don' t normally use your brain?

Make sure you use round holes too. Remember round block go through the round holes. If you need some practice go down to mother care for one of those training tools for toddlers.

tap connectors are compression joints so no welding only spanners required. the taps I fitted to our bath when I did the bathroom up recently had offset tap connectors on them so they fitted differently spaced tap holes. not sure if taps are a standard distance apart tho

So as a rule, you don' t normally use your brain?

Make sure you use round holes too. Remember round block go through the round holes. If you need some practice go down to mother care for one of those training tools for toddlers.

Why the attitude problem?

Tap hole distances will be the same. All you will need is your new tap, 2 no 22mm fibre washers (best to replace these and they only cost pennys). These fit on the tap connectors, you will see the old ones when you take the tap off and a basin key/wrench. This is a simple job but if can sometimes be testing as their is a nack to using the wrench especially on the tap closest to the wall. Good luck.

Why the attitude problem?

Maybe got no action in the Blue Oyster last night? :whistling:

if you lived near durham i would come and do it for you

Thats just a bit far from me :lol: Anyway just to B&Q got them and fitted. Never changed taps before so wasn't sure what was required.

Cheers Guys :winky:

Thats just a bit far from me :lol: Anyway just to B&Q got them and fitted. Never changed taps before so wasn't sure what was required.

Cheers Guys :winky:

B) so have you done them yet? Woz it easy?

wot is it next then? ;)