Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Skyline Owner Wishing To Now But A Lexus

djjazzc

Hi Everyone i wonder if you could answer me a few questions please!!

I currently own an R33 Skyline GTS25T, lovely motor,nice and fast, but ive kinda grow out of them now and due to another litttle one on the way, im considering selling my mota for a more refined and classy bit of equipment.

Dont get me wrong the skyline is an excellent mota, but i miss the comfort and luxury.

The lexus is200 is proabley what im aiming for but have a noticed that all IS200 models for sale around 7-8000 pound have high mileage of around 90,000-110,000 miles.

Do you owners consider that to be a bad point or do they just go on forever,(obviously looked after right)

Im sure you get these questions all of the time chaps, but would be very gratefull if you could tell me what to look out for.

i.e Service intervalls,belt changes etc,etc.

Regards

Jason!!

Well to start with you may have guessed that the forums are a bit quiet this weekend, and that is largely due to JAE happening at Northampton!

Basically, i would have no issues buying a high milage IS200, as long as it is in good condition. There are a few things to look out for, but if you want total piece of mind, i'd try and raise the budget a bit, and go to a main dealer where you will get a years warranty on the car.

Hope that helps a bit, but i am sure that after the weekend you'll get a better more detailed response from all the guys that really know what they're talking about when it comes to mechanics!

Stu

Good decision mate, as long as the service book has all the relevent stamps and the car has reciepts... (can be more important than the service history!) i wouldn`t worry about the mileage mate...

Have a look in the knowledge section... sure there is a thread saying what to look out for when buying one mate...

Welcome to the club!

djjazzc, the IS200 and Altezza are an excellent choice if you want more space and comfort.

However, if still want TT performance and your budget can allow it ... go for the Aristo Twin Turbo (JZS147 or JZS161) ... these come with 300+hp (officially 280 hp) and are FAST!

Thanks chaps for the info. Speed is not that important to me anymore, but then again i always say that,and when i own a new car i start modding. He He!!

Have noticed that a few reviews ive read of the SE says that it lacks punch,and also the fuel economy is not to brilliant.

My Skyline use's 30 quid of petrol and it lasts me 4-5 days!!

I would of thought a 2.0ltr engine would be a lot better, perhaps im wrong.

Im sure you guys will let me know :)

Im going to test drive one very shortly, there is one for sale in leamington spa, so ill let you all know how i get on!!

Cheers again

Jason!!

Well chaps i took a IS200 SE for a test drive today at croydon motors in rushden.

Bit dissapointing to say the least, it was an auto though!!

Put my foot down and there just seemed to be hesitation to get the engine reving, slow pick up!!

It has done 70,000 miles and they was asking 10.995 for it.

I suppose ive been a bit spoilt by the skyline, which i was worried about really.

Looks as if i will need to go with the arristo TT, but very pricey!!

Thanks to everyone that has replied

Cheers

Jason!!!

After the test drive and talking to the wife, she made me see sense. Doh!!

Fatal eh!!

No i think i will still get a lexus, SE or Altezza Scott, just got to be patient!!

Apart from the grunt of the SE, i still liked the comfort, the interior etc,etc

So hopefully sometime soon i will have one.

If anybody is intrested then let me know.

Ohhhh by the way the engine has a 2 year warranty on it, covers turbo,injectors,etc,etc, so good piece of mind for who ever owns it next!

A Very good looking motor, have driven this few times when Sid has popped over, drives like a dream, you can't go wrong with this one Jason, think Gareth would get jealous though :lol::lol:

Nice mota that one, really jam packed with goodies from what i can see, ........No got to be sensible, altezza or se i think, cheers chaps for letting me know.

I aint gonna be able to sleep tonight ,you know that dont you!!!! He He :)