Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aero Package

I put down a small deposit for a new IS200 SE Auto Nav with Aero Package a fortnight ago from Lexus Woodford. Apparently the car is on the boat and will be delivered mid August and I'll take it on 1 September. I paid book price for the Aero Package which I think gets me uprated front bumper, small rear spoiler and 18" 6 spoke alloys.

Looking at the Lexus UK website (http://www.lexus.co.uk/is_bodykit.php?model=is), I see that new IS saloons can get the Aerodynamic Body Kit at what seems to be no extra cost which inlcudes the items mentioned above but with 17" alloys plus side skirts. Anyone know when this was introduced? Also anyone know if the 'old' aero package has the side-skirts on it?

Even upgrading to 18" alloys would only cost £1100 as opposed to the £2070 I paid. I feel hard done by. I'll be calling the dealer on monday to see what my options are.

Alex

I believe it's a special offer. I would have thought you could change to this option if you want. The cars are probably fitted with the kits once they reach the UK so they could just fit the other option.

yes it is a special offer i paid £700 for mine front+back+18inch wheels and yes the kit is fitted in the uk. well mine was by someone called dave(it has the fitters name + date on the inside of the front bumper.

I was in Lexus Woodford a week ago and saw the same thing, the black IS200 parked at the front of the dealer. The deal is for all round TRD skirts and keeps the standard alloys (or I think you can choose another set of 17" alloys). The aero package is what they used to call the sport styling kit (all TTE stuff)

If any of that is wrong, i'm sure it'll be corrected soon :winky:

I've now figured out what is going on. The £2k Aero Package has the 18" wheels, boot lip spolier and a very nice complete uprated front bumper. The new free offer has 17" wheels, boot lip spolier, rear skirt, side skirts and front skirt added on to the existing front bumper.

Lexus Woodford called me back today and offered me all options, even though the kits and offers are supposed to be taken up at time of order. Although I like the expensive new front bumper on the £2k Aero Package , I have decided to go with the offer, plus the 18" wheels and this saves a grand or so. The down side is that I can only have one offer, so the free servicing had to go.

I saw the black IS200 in the Woodford showroom when I ordered 2.5 weeks ago and it looked kind of nice, but definately needed bigger wheels.