Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk.....hid's

Arrived on Sat morning only to be approached by a suave looking fella(Mr E)who handed me a lovely well packaged/presented box which when opened contained 3 seperate boxes..

1)Wiring

2)ballast x 2

3)Bulbs

Thanks goes to SteveAudioX/Colin Barber for fitting them for me,which didn't take that long,about 30 mins and as steve was opening the boxes he pointed out the quality of the items(nice bit of kit),basically its a plug n play kit all supplied with relays and fuses.

Firstly we decided on where to locate the ballast boxes(pics to follow soon) which the kit supplied 2 very sticky double sided pads,then just hook up the bulbs and cable tie the wiring to the loom,when both sides were done it was a case of connecting them to the Battery and earthing them....it really was that simple!!

They give off a blue/white light and they do give excellent coverage/brightness on the road at night.If any members are thinking to upgrade thier lighting i highly recommend this kit,it is a superb addition to your Lex and easy to install.

Cheers Dave.

the kit did look very good. (along with the rest of your car)

How much was it? If I remember correctly it was £300 right?

Cheers Pete

They will be £300 plus UK P&P

I'll put up a post on this later...to confirm interest & take formal orders.

Dave

In comparison with the HID kit I own which has original components made by Phillips the Prolex HID kit is the DON..

All I can say is this kit BEATS mine in every way.

The kit was very well packaged,I thought it was 3 types of aftershave at first.

Lets start with the wiring harness.

The Bulb and its wiring are all pre-terminated into easy fit connectors, these are of excellent quality and the good thing about these is that you can't plug them in the wrong place as they will only mate into the correct plug on the other supplied harness.

The main wiring harness is of HIGH quality, it all come sheeved wrapped and looks excellent, not just like your average wire run, its quite pleasent with it's excellent quality relay assembly and connectors, the wiring harness is also long enough to run from each individual light neatly to the car Battery following the oem cable routing run too, as you do get 2 harness, 1 for each bulb.

The Ballast is of high quality, almost simular to my Phillips system but with better quality connectors, the sticky pad provided in the kit really will stick S*** to a blanket.

The bulbs are pack in an excellent way for protection during transit, the only down side was that the box did not state what bulbs they were (4,700k,6,100k) etc.

Fitting is very easy.

Myself and Colin did'nt really take too long fitting the kit, the only thing I would add to this kit which is'nt really needed are more zip/cable ties, this is dependant on how TIDY you may wish your install to look, another benefit would be a 10mm bolt of 12-15mm long for the earth connection that needs to be made on the offside inner wing existing threaded bolt hole.

The good thig is, NO special tools are required. All you need is a spanner set for Battery connection, cutters for cutting the cable ties and a knife for cutting the double sided tape, thats it...apart from a small pair of hands to get the bulb in on the near side headlight.

Conclusion

Excellent, would highly recommend to anyone, considering the HID system.

On my car was one of my first MOD's I made, and it's still faultless to date, the quality of this kit should offer matched reliability results or even better results, as it's built very well, including the water proof type relays assemblies, high quality Ballast, and excellent package protection for bulb transportation whist in package for transit...

:crybaby: Unfortunatly i only got to see these during the day and i was well impressed :ohmy: i would loved to have seen them in the dark they could have only got better, they looked blueish in the day any comments on them in the dark guys??

OK,

I've PM'd those who registered interest when I first posted about this kit.

those are

Gus

Brettster

aido

?uestlove

nick27uk

rodders_UK

Mr Singh

l3xusis200

shahz

cheeky futch

petejenkin

lexus jim

If i've missed anyone or you would like a kit please PM me ASAP I'm looking to order a batch by this friday.

UK price on your doormat will be £305 :P

Dave

Any pics of the car? It would be nice to compare the light output between the standard bulbs, the HID kit and the stock HID (e.g. IS300? )

Grim took a pic of mine with HID's on and his with PIAA's and the hid's blew em away,much brighter and crisper and in the dark they are superb :D

can you guys stop temping me with new stuffs so often......hehehe, i had a look, and it look very good, may get a set later too, not sure atm, as i still got a set of angel light, (wonder if i can fitted both together..... :whistling::whistling::whistling: )

OK,

I've PM'd those who registered interest when I first posted about this kit.

those are

Gus

Brettster

aido

?uestlove

nick27uk

rodders_UK

Mr Singh

l3xusis200

shahz

cheeky futch

petejenkin

lexus jim

If i've missed anyone or you would like a kit please PM me ASAP I'm looking to order a batch by this friday.

UK price on your doormat will be £305 :P

Dave

can you put me down for a set mr prolex

was impressed with the light output on these

and if scorpion says they are good then they must be :D

can you guys stop temping me with new stuffs so often......hehehe, i had a look, and it look very good, may get a set later too, not sure atm, as i still got a set of angel light, (wonder if i can fitted both together..... :whistling::whistling::whistling: )

Yes you can as I have ..

• 2 weeks later...