Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, first post.

I am thinking about buying a 78k 95 GS300 Sport for about £6000. Claims full main dealer service history.

I have had a bit of a trawl through the forums and was impressed.

Is there anything that I need to be particularly wary/aware of? Any particular questions I need to ask? Especially with this age?

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Wanna go :driving: but stuck at :mat:

Hi Rich, welcome to the club!

I have a series 2, so not much use to you, but in general, check the cambelt has been changed, check for a full service history, ideally with supporting paperwork, and if it has satnav (a must in my opinion) then make sure you get the latest CD with it as otherwise it'll cost you £150 or so.

Have a look at the Club Knowledgebase - (drop down on the top right).

Think about joining Gold. Cost you £25 but you're almost guaranteed to save that and maybe much more very quickly.

and if it has satnav (a must in my opinion) then make sure you get the latest CD with it as otherwise it'll cost you £150 or so.

You must still be spaced out :P the mk1 never came with sat nav

and if it has satnav (a must in my opinion) then make sure you get the latest CD with it as otherwise it'll cost you £150 or so.

You must still be spaced out :P the mk1 never came with sat nav

DID :) .look for warped wheels,worn dics ,wheel judder,and to be honest can't think of anything else have had mine 18 months with no probs at all.

Me neither, had no problems. I hear the sport alloys can cause a bit of grief.

Just hope you're keeping a long time. They aren't really holding their value at the moment. Most are selling for WAY below book price.

However, got 125K on mine, and the car is sweet as a nut. They are well put together, if a little questionable inside.

Just bear in mind, I believe the mark 1 is worse on fuel than the 2. I know you can't expect much for a 3 litre, but they aren't upto Toyota's best.

Still a much nicer alternative to a BMW. The sport looks well nice.

B)

if its got the 10"rears look out for excessive tyre wear on the inside edge.

like everybody else says feel for judder at about 60mph could be buckled wheels or warped disc's

otherwise' BULLETPROVE' !

RichB

I got a '96 Series I Sport with 10" wide rears a couple of months ago and aside some minor deficiences with the body work mine's in great shape for its age. You might find this thread useful, I started it before I bought mine:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=14638&

Feel free to have a look at my garage link in my signature for some pictures and information.

MJ

• 2 weeks later...

If you are concerned about the 10" rears just sell 'em to me!

Yes, still looking for a pair after some 18 months.

Looks like I will have enough pennies soon to buy a pair of new ones, if they are still available that is!!

• 2 weeks later...