Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cylinder Head Modifications

tdiplc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will pass that on to him for ya scorpion! lol. am good friends with his mates.

They are churnin out some great cars at the min, and as for flip paint that you guys er well put down he did it first didnt he?

Its more than likely gonna be Ukazn and a few others rewiring the car for me as he did his car and its what his company does.

I am probably gonna go with a kit like this coz the deal is too good to pass up.

NITROUS EXPRESS All Import EFI Single Nozzle System (30-50-75Hp) 15 LB Bottle

But am in no hurry for it as of yet. want it more for the purge valve lol.

dont have a lot of time to spend obsessing over solanoids at the min as i have lots to organise for out stand etc for this weekend.

will work out what i want over christmas as the project plan needs to be adhered to.

never realy lookied into it but i think maybe i might pass up the offer now.

Unless they can just fit me a direct purge kit for the shows and fill the bottle with co2 instead of nos. hahaha

i think with my style of drivin nos might be a bad thing but if i do its gonna be progressive controllers all the way

never realy lookied into it but i think maybe i might pass up the offer now.

Unless they can just fit me a direct purge kit for the shows and fill the bottle with co2 instead of nos. hahaha

i think with my style of drivin nos might be a bad thing but if i do its gonna be progressive controllers all the way

Is your car supercharged? If so you could go for the NX intercooler spray + purge, its cheap and you've then got the bottle and lots of other things in place, then later get the Wizards of NOS solenoids and progressive controller, etc..

initialy i wasnt but im gonna be lazy and its easier to insure the supercharger than other engine mods seeing as im only 23.

Plus the look under the engine bay should be sweet with a few matchin bits.

Mark, will polishing the cylinder head inside give any extra bhp gain on it's own?

A polished finish gives no power whatsoever, and can in fact be detrimental in certain conditions, but the reshaping of the ports and throats etc is what makes the difference as it reduces the restriction to air flow.

OK, the special Guinea Pig price which includes the labour, parts and retuning an FCON or Dastec ecu is going to be £1000 including vat.

If any one is interested but doesn't have the exhaust, ecu etc I will recalculate the price for them.

Please PM me if you would like to be the GP for this mod.

OK, the special Guinea Pig price which includes the labour, parts and retuning an FCON or Dastec ecu is going to be £1000 including vat.

If any one is interested but doesn't have the exhaust, ecu etc I will recalculate the price for them.

Please PM me if you would like to be the GP for this mod.

Thanks  :)

I dont know if it is just me but £1000 :o to be some ones GP :yawn: is a bit much dont you think. as you are the ones who need to see if this NEW-MOD works! IMO you should by paying the GP! £1000 for puting his car up to do this new-mod, now say you do the job and it f :tsktsk: s the IS up! what you going to do then pay to get it fixed.

As you know if this works you going to get alot of IS's comeing to you for this NEW-MOD so why dont you just pick or ask who would like to have this and do it for FREE at the end of the day if it works ok you are going to come out on TOP with alot more work from all that want to have this new-mod,

Well thats what i would do any way :whistling:

P.S sounds like you want your cake and eat it! ie you want a GP to test this out on and you want the GP to pay you! for useing HIS car to do the test on :lol: man you dont want much do you :whistling: just IMO mate that all, good luck if get a GP for £1000 :winky:

I dont know if it is just me but £1000  :o to be some ones  GP :yawn:  is a bit much dont you think. as you are the ones who need to see if this NEW-MOD works! IMO you should by paying the GP! £1000  for puting his car up to do this new-mod, now say you do the job and it f :tsktsk: s the IS up! what you going to do then pay to get it fixed.

As you know if this works you going to get alot of IS's comeing to you for this NEW-MOD so why dont you just pick or ask who would like to have this and do it for FREE at the end of the day if it works ok you are going to come out on TOP with alot more work from all that want to have this new-mod,

Well thats what i would do any way  :whistling:

P.S sounds like you want your cake and eat it! ie you want a GP to test this out on and you want the GP to pay you! for useing HIS car to do the test on  :lol: man you dont want much do you :whistling: just IMO mate that all, good luck if get a GP for £1000  :winky:

£1000 is below our cost price, so I would have thought that was more than fair.

We know this mod is going to work and theoretically by how much. What we don't know is how much it work by in the real world.

For those that are serious about tuning their is200 and want the best parts, this offer may be of some interest. There are plenty of guys out there that only want the cheapest nastiest stuff that they can find, which I personally think is degrading to the Lexus brand and spoils the car. They would be better off looking in Exchange & Mart, Loot or eBay for something nice and cheap that's had no r&d is probably a waste of money. At least you have a choice however uniformed it may be.

Sorry if you don't agree.

That's excellent Mark, could you outline again exactly what one would get...

Is it just custom work on their own cylinder head?

Do you provide any new parts or just modify their own?

If one was to volunteer, can they add more and save more, ie steel bottom end etc?

That's excellent Mark, could you outline again exactly what one would get...

Is it just custom work on their own cylinder head?

Do you provide any new parts or just modify their own?

If one was to volunteer, can they add more and save more, ie steel bottom end etc?

It will be work on the donor head. The new parts are consumables such as gaskets, seals etc. If there is any wear in the valve guides etc there will be an additional cost but this in unlikely unless the car has been to the moon and back.

Ideally we are looking for someone that has a modified car that we can just do the head on so that we can collate the data on what improvements the head gives, which would be difficult if other mods are done at the same time.

However it would be possible to install the other mods first, then do the head.

Steel bottom end eh? Getting serious Mr Steve!!!

I dont know if it is just me but £1000  :o to be some ones  GP :yawn:  is a bit much dont you think. as you are the ones who need to see if this NEW-MOD works! IMO you should by paying the GP! £1000  for puting his car up to do this new-mod, now say you do the job and it f :tsktsk: s the IS up! what you going to do then pay to get it fixed.

Well thats what i would do any way  :whistling:

P.S sounds like you want your cake and eat it! ie you want a GP to test this out on and you want the GP to pay you! for useing HIS car to do the test on  :lol: man you dont want much do you :whistling: just IMO mate that all, good luck if get a GP for £1000  :winky:

£1000 is below our cost price, so I would have thought that was more than fair.

We know this mod is going to work and theoretically by how much. What we don't know is how much it work by in the real world.

For those that are serious about tuning their is200 and want the best parts, this offer may be of some interest. There are plenty of guys out there that only want the cheapest nastiest stuff that they can find, which I personally think is degrading to the Lexus brand and spoils the car. They would be better off looking in Exchange & Mart, Loot or eBay for something nice and cheap that's had no r&d is probably a waste of money. At least you have a choice however uniformed it may be.

Sorry if you don't agree.

Mark! its not that i dont agree, i think at the end of the day you are the one going to be makeing a lot of £££ out of this, if it works the way you want it to,

COST of all TEST'S should be down to the TESTER not the guy that is going to be the GP for the TEST

If i was you i would be more than happy to have some ones Lexus to Test this on, but for FREE

well thats what i think any way :whistling:

Mark! its not that i dont agree, i think at the end of the day you are the one going to be makeing a lot of £££ out of this, if it works the way you want it to,

COST of all TEST'S should be down to the TESTER not the guy that is going to be the GP for the TEST

If i was you i would be more than happy to have some ones Lexus to Test this on, but for FREE

well thats what i think any way :whistling:

Thank you for your interest and comments.

Unfortunately we have already commited more than I care to say at this time on Lexus projetcs, so are unable to offer any more free time or parts.

I would have thought that someone would have been pleased to have the opportunity to have a decent product at below the manufacturers cost price.

Just goes to show you can't please everyone.

if the price wasnt so high in the 1st place you might get more custom ? :o :huh:

Thanks for your concern Gordon.

If we were to lower our prices and quality, we would no longer be one of the best in our field in the country with a 6 week waiting list to get work done here.

I realise and respect the fact that not everyone wants or can afford to use us - the same as it has been for the last 20 years.