Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cylinder Head Modifications

tdiplc

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mark if some of loc members want to pay your charges and are happy then thats ok by me, im just putting my thoughts out in the open thats all, i will and continue to say that i think.

That's fine mate. You haven't said anything I haven't heard many times over the last 20 years.

As long as you understand the reason we do things the way we do.

TDi North is being established in Warrington and they will be charging considerably less than we do, so perhaps they may be of some help to you.

mark if some of loc members want to pay your charges and are happy then thats ok by me, im just putting my thoughts out in the open thats all, i will and continue to say that i think.

That's fine mate. You haven't said anything I haven't heard many times over the last 20 years.

As long as you understand the reason we do things the way we do.

TDi North is being established in Warrington and they will be charging considerably less than we do, so perhaps they may be of some help to you.

If they will be charging less and it is still TDI why are your price's so hi then :yawn:

if the price wasnt so high in the 1st place you might get more custom ? :o  :huh:

Thanks for your concern Gordon.

If we were to lower our prices and quality, we would no longer be one of the best in our field in the country with a 6 week waiting list to get work done here.

I realise and respect the fact that not everyone wants or can afford to use us - the same as it has been for the last 20 years.

on a meet i have seen a supercharger that has been fitted by tdi and if that was my car it would not have left you garage until it had been put right (pipes rubbing against moving parts) including the little things that need ironing out his words not mine. i fitted my own supercharger and it is not a very hard job to, just take a little time to do right, and i am by no means best in my field at this, but what i will say is that i thought it had not been fitted to the same standard as mine, and this was not a one-off as other people had a few things to say, i think the problem is some people know a thing or two,and them that dont will use you, as i said i dont have a problem with this, just to put me mind at rest what car do you drive if you dont mind me asking ?

I know mate takes the ***** if you ask me :yawn:

You do realise that it's going to be hard to forget these comments the next time you PM me asking for my help.

Look im not trying get in your bad books, just saying what im thinking Mark

, all you did when i ask for your help, you just tryed to put me of from what i wantted to do, what i asked you, and what you told me was no help to me :whistling: but thanks any way

, all you did when i ask for your help, you just tryed to put me of from what i wantted to do, what i asked you, and what you told me was no help to me :whistling: but thanks any way

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully if you don't mean to offend.

My response to your PM was a very diplomatic attempt to drag you into the real world. What you want to do isn't going to happen, especially the way you want to do it for what you want to spend. Information like is very helpful as it will save you a lot of time and a lot of money. Sorry if you don't appreciate it yet.

, all you did when i ask for your help, you just tryed to put me of from what i wantted to do, what i asked you, and what you told me was no help to me  :whistling:  but thanks any way

Perhaps you should choose your words more carefully if you don't mean to offend.

My response to your PM was a very diplomatic attempt to drag you into the real world. What you want to do isn't going to happen, especially the way you want to do it for what you want to spend. Information like is very helpful as it will save you a lot of time and a lot of money. Sorry if you don't appreciate it yet.

In a round about way is what you told me Mark was to forget what i was thinking why was that :angry: my be you was thinking i would come to you for the Turbo, i asked you for some help all you come back with ,was to put me of , Help like that i dont need mate, thats ok mate i will never ask you any more OK!

Have a nice day :driving:

To be fair guy's....

Mark at Tdi has offered members here a good service, before his time where else where people actully getting hold of tuning components for their IS? In fact I mentioned this in a thread before, where I was sick of looking into catalogues where they only list bits for other cars, from brakes to tuning bits.

I think Mark has done some excellent work in the past and present, His got tuning parts in for us guys so we can add them to our own cars, the pricing is reasonable considering he was just about the only company offering the parts.

His now spent time developing or prototyping bits on his maching where this cylinder head is sitting on for us IS owners, bet that machine cost an arm and a leg too.

Now his offering a someone the oppertunity to be the first with this effective mod, which has what I believe to be a promising BHP gain.

In fact I even PM'd him with my interest.

I think we should ALL BE POSITIVE ON THESE FORUMS, as we are like a big happy family most of the time, I know people sometimes have theit fair share of problems with companies and manufacturers but I think this should be kept on a one to one basis... it's always the case where people voice their bad experiences but when do you hear the good experiences...

Just my pinion...

keep it sweet, lets BBQ together ... :)

To be fair guy's....

Mark at Tdi has offered members here a good service, before his time where else where people actully getting hold of tuning components for their IS? In fact I mentioned this in a thread before, where I was sick of looking into catalogues where they only list bits for other cars, from brakes to tuning bits.

I think Mark has done some excellent work in the past and present, His got tuning parts in for us guys so we can add them to our own cars, the pricing is reasonable considering he was just about the only company offering the parts.

His now spent time developing or prototyping bits on his maching where this cylinder head is sitting on for us IS owners, bet that machine cost an arm and a leg too.

Now his offering a someone the oppertunity to be the first with this effective mod, which has what I believe to be a promising BHP gain.

I think we should ALL BE POSITIVE ON THESE FORUMS, as we are like a big happy family most of the time, I know people sometimes have theit fair share of problems with companies and manufacturers but I think this should be kept on a one to one basis... it's always the case where people voice their bad experiences but when do you hear the good experiences...

Just my pinion...

steve has tdi done all your mods ? can you do your own ? if tdi have done your work and you are happy thats fine mate, happy for you, not a problem, its just that i have mates with the know, with anything to do with engines mate, so i dont need anyone like tdi thats all, i have even had work done by tuning companys in the past ( on motorbikes ) i have seen some of dti work the other week and very nice to (not a lexus) and have seen some at jae, not so nice, yes tdi may be one of only a few offering lexus tuning, but most engines are tuned the sameway. as i said if eveyone happy to use tdi then please do so. :D

My 2p worth......

All of my work has been done by Tdi and to date i've only had one minor problem that was speedily fixed, at no cost to me.

I think what Marcus may have been driving at was the R&D ? as the head modifications have already been done (to my cyl head hence this thread) other than setting up the mapping what else is there to do aside from replicating the porting work? and fitting charges

I am no technical wizard so could be wrong but I think that could be the bone of contention.

To be fair guy's....

Just my pinion...

I sorry but TDI Priceing is not reasonable you call £900+vat for fiting S/C REASONBLE and all most £400 to take out the pre-cats come on guys wake up!!, as you say TDI are the only ones that we know of that do tuning for the Lexus. This is how i know there Priceing is way over the top and TDI know it , you could say they have us by the bulls :angry: as they think they are the only ones that can do tuning for the Lexus?

as for TDi developing or prototyping bits for the IS on his maching where the cylider head is sitting, (QUOTE) i bet that machine cost an arm and a leg too.

most of the machine's he use are payed for 10 times over by now, as TDI have been going 20 years

as for the new-mod he is developing the cost's of developing or prototying a new-mod should be down to the developer that is the way it works

there must be 100's of tuning companys out there and the only way we will see the Price's come down is if we have 5-6 Tuning Companys on LOC.

If it is ok with LOC i will be makeing some calls to all the top Tuning Companys,

to see any of them would like to offer there service to LOC.

Have a nice day all :driving:

IMO :yawn:

as marcus says £900+vat to fit a supercharger is ott, he charging £3000+vat just for the charger, i can get you one fitted for £3000 all in , (he will do cheaper for GB of ten) i dont need ten just one at once. ps you can get a TTE supercharger from lexus for £2650 all in, so £3000+vat he is making about £875 just on the supercharger + £900+vat fitting £1057 do you still think that price is reasonable steveaudiox ? coz i dont. :ph34r: im all for big happy family, but keeping my big gob closed, when i can save US CLUB MEMBERS MONEY NO I WONT.

I seem to remember when memesis joined the club that tdi said something about there work on a customers car or something ? not sure why ? :o :huh: and memesis getting upset (legal action or something) why ? if you do bad work or good work why not tell or warn someone ?

steve has tdi done all your mods ? can you do your own ? if tdi have done your work and you are happy thats fine mate, happy for you, not a problem,

I have made purchased at Tdi, including my Supercharger which was £2,500+vat Group buy price, Exhaust, Coilover kit,DBA front Disc via LOC group buy,TTE anti roll bat kit.

I have only ever had my HKS silent hi-power exhaust fitted there where Mark fitted it in 40 mins and charged me for Half an hours work.

I guess for the other stuff it does seem sometimes pricy for the labour times, BUT for the likes of the ECU upgrades Mark has worked with Many of these cars and I guess knows them inside out when it comes to 2D/3D mapping, these are the key benefits of using a tuning company like Tdi.

I do see your point Gordon, really I do, same as the industry I used to work in I guess we were the MOST expensive car audio shop in the country but I know we did a good job and did the job right though, won MANY competition trophies etc...

I seem to remember when memesis joined the club that tdi said something about there work on a customers car or something ? not sure why ? :o :huh: and memesis getting upset (legal action or something) why ? if you do bad work or good work why not tell or warn someone ?

It was TonyGoose that made comments about his experience, not TDi

sorry tdi, and tony well done.

One thing that hasnt been mentioned is that not only are you putting £1000 down on the table to help develop someone elses product (maybe just paying for consumables might be a better option) but you are also putting the value of your car at stake (£20k +) so the risk is all tipped on you. maybe with the spiraling down prices of the Is200 TDI could purchace one and save themselves lots of money in the process?

This mod is also untested as has been said and as we all know things can go great or bad. and if they go bad then thats something your gonna be paying for.

We can all fault people for charging loads but you have the option to vote with yourt feet and take your buisiness where you want and if you want ya company to grow then you meet the market demand.

not trying to offend im just stating plain facts.

I would be interested in this but my car will be going into the bodyshop in preperation for HIN (hot import nights)

has any of the people who giving mark a bit of a slagging, actually had any work done by TDI ??? ;)

The guinea pig will be the one who discovers what performance increase is possible,

are you really stupid enough to think that TDI have never done any head work before, yes it maybe the first lexus to have this carried out but the work involved is "old hat", a basic tuning practice

ok if you dont want to go to TDI, i can recommend another way, do it yourselves, cause it cant be hard to do can it ? think of all the money you will save!

20 years of experience doesnt really count for anything

somebody willing to do projects like this, there round everyones corner....arnt they ??

one other thing, which TDI dont charge for.............advice, go down all your other tuners and ask a question about your lexus, i bet mark knows more

wether you take that advice or not, thats up to you, but in my experience mark is allways right, maybe not what you want to hear at times but then there are no cheap options with a lexus

has any of the people who giving mark a bit of a slagging, actually had any work done by TDI ??? ;)

The guinea pig will be the one who discovers what performance increase is possible,

are you really stupid enough to think that TDI have never done any head work before, yes it maybe the first lexus to have this carried out but the work involved is "old hat", a basic tuning practice

ok if you dont want to go to TDI, i can recommend another way, do it yourselves, cause it cant be hard to do can it ? think of all the money you will save!

20 years of experience doesnt really count for anything

somebody willing to do projects like this, there round everyones corner....arnt they ??

one other thing, which TDI dont charge for.............advice, go down all your other tuners and ask a question about your lexus, i bet mark knows more

wether you take that advice or not, thats up to you, but in my experience mark is allways right, maybe not what you want to hear at times but then there are no cheap options with a lexus

all i was saying "IMO" :yawn: was that if the TESTER needs a GP to TEST on then the TESTER should pay for it not the GP this is what im geting at. if it is (QUOTE) Old hat like you say and he has done lots of head work on cars before then it should not take him that long to do, he should be paying us to use one of our IS's as a TEST Car not us pay him ,

like a say before if this works the way he is hopeing it to. then he is going make alot of £££, out of guys on here who would like this new-mod,

Im not saying there work is bad or any think like that, i just think there Price's are way over the top IMO.

over Priceing thats what it all comes down to! i for one dont like being riped of by companys that Over Price thinking they are the only Company that knows about the Lexus! and if you think this !! well i will say no more.

any way have a nice day/night guys :driving:

Mark,how old is the head your using if its a donor one,and what mileage is it?,is it complete or will you be using the cam,valves and so on from the GP one

If there is maching to be done i.e skimming,what gasket will you be using.

Cheers.

Thanks for your interest and comments (good and bad) guys.

Regarding our charges, our labour rate is lower than our local Lexus dealer, you actually get more for your money and you get the best talent in the industry working on your car. Our dyno tuning charges are also very competetive for the South East. We charge £80 plus vat per hour, whereas our closest competitors charge £95 and £125 plus vat per hour. There are also others that are cheaper but I doubt whether they work to the same standards or have as much axperience as we do.

We pay the highest wages in the industry to attract the best talent. Because we employ humans we still make mistakes (albeit very rarely), when we do make a mistake it will be remedied as a matter of urgency at no cost to our customer.

The price of having work done at TDi North will be cheaper because of doing business in the north is considerably less than than in the south. Simple economics. TDi India will be able to install your supercharger for about 1 Rupee ;) :lol:

TDi India will be able to install your supercharger for about 1 Rupee ;) :lol:

LMAO...thats funny mark..

and so my tuppence worth based on my experince.. i have had lots of work carried out at tdi, to the tune of some 5-6K... yeh i thought the charges were high, but when you put it in perspective with what lexus charge for work,, its a no brainer..Plus all the aftersales advise given, plus the free minor tweaking of mine and others IS's that i know of. plus the cups of tea, biscuits and lunch that have been sampled. i think all in all a good service is given,, and as far as im aware any problems with other IS's have been rectified..

but in anycase this is :offtopic:..

regards cost of being a GP.. personally i wouldnt expect anything for free in this age,, so to have work carried out that has not been done before to my IS, i would expect,, a significantly reduced cost and garuntee of work......simple...

yeh tdi may well benifit from carrying out this work as others in LOC may well want this mod themselves.. but lets also not forget that the GP WANTS this mod carried out, and therefore should be paying for it.. simply being the first to have a mod done doesnt been it should be free.

As for the what if it all goes wrong argument,, so what if it does,, tdi will put it right at no cost to you..

Mark,how old is the head your using if its a donor one,and what mileage is it?,is it complete or will you be using the cam,valves and so on from the GP one

If there is maching to be done i.e skimming,what gasket will you be using.

Cheers.

Scorp, we modify the customers own head and retain the existing camshafts and covers etc.

We intend to use a 1.0mm metal head gasket.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links