Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Discs

flywheel

Can another tell me what the size of the nut is that holds the front discs on. I need to change mine tonight but I'm not sure if I've go a socket big enough.

Also search but could't find any info on replacing the front discs and pads anyone got any tips and how long should it take.

Ta

hi mate you got to take the caliper off mate, 17mm nuts x2 you dont bother with the big nut in the middle. if you got new pads take the pads out first then take the caliper off then change the discs,the discs are not bolted to anything so thay just come off,should take you about 1hr. it took me 1hr last week to change all 4 discs+pads but i had some help.

if you find the discs are seized on like mine were when i changed them then there are 2 M8 threaded holes. Get a 2 M8 bolts and tighten them in a turn at a time each until it pulls off. easy peasy.

As for removal of the pads, undo both of the caliper rataining bolts and slide off the whole caliper and secure.

Remove the pads carefully and springs too!

Using a breaker bar or big ***** wrench remove caliper mounting brackets. They do take a lot of force so make sure the car is supported on a decent trolly jack or a set of axle stands.

Reverse process to fit.

Cheers For the info guy's.

Didn't quite go to plan the first disc took an hour to get off because one of the pistons had seized and the disc was so worn it had a lip all round and removal of the caliper required some persuasion :winky:.

I tried the M* bolt trick but they stripped the threads so once again persuasion of the shifter bar kind was required.

I should be able to collect the Piston kit from Lexus Reading this afternoon so I can at least have a car for the weekend.

BTW £300 for a new caliper is having a laugh isn't it...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links