Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Lex

Copying Sat Nav Dvd

Anyone knows how to copy Sat Nav disc (Pioneer AVIC-X1 DVD = CNDV-40M(T) ? I’ve tried on a mate’s PC DVD burner but for some reason it is not reading this blank DVD disc! Possible reason due to double layer!?!? Any suggestions how abouts I go and do this :question::question::question:

I take it you are trying to make a backup copy of your original disc rather than making an illegal copy?

I assume you are using a double layer DVD writer to go with that double layer blank disc?

I take it you are trying to make a backup copy of your original disc rather than making an illegal copy?

I assume you are using a double layer DVD writer to go with that double layer blank disc?

No illegal business here :winky: but seriously it is for backup - can't afford to fork out £300+ for another one!!! As you may know, this unit has single slot and don't have dvd changer yet, so you can imagine the sat nav disc is going in and out like hot cakes ;)

I am not sure if PC has a double layer DVD writer... :blush: :duh: :question:

If it doesn't, does that mean I can't copy from that PC?

Yes you need a dual-layer writer to use that disc. These have only been out a couple of months so he may well only have a standard 4.7GB writer.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby: Hez one is million years old :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Anyone got the new one? Willing to copy it for me? Will pay for your trouble :winky:

you will also need the burining software for doing dual layers.

you will also need the burining software for doing dual layers.

any recommendation :question: