Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Is My Lex Worth?

Title says it all I guess, might need to let her go due to unforseen circumstances.

Details:

IS200 Se

May 99

FSH: yes, part lexus, part toyota approved local garage

Owners: 3

Colour: green

tax and mot: 1 year each

Stereo replaced recently under warranty (ERR3). Been fine since then.

Great car, no sign of faults like clutch judder as far as I can see.

To get it superb, refurbed or new alloys and four tyres required, a few hundred quid obviously but that would no doubt reflected in the price. Someone would get a great car.

Any suggestions re price would be appreciated. I'll look in parkers etc obviously.

Cheers!

lets put it like this...

My 2000 (X) plate, blue IS200 SE, with 37K, immaculate, FLSH (2 owners) is only worth £10,000 trade-in against a £20/£25,000 car!

If its a sport, add between £200-£500 depending on age

If it has sat nav, add about £1000

The car is worth as someone is willing to pay for it.

The price guides are only "guides"... If the car is immaculate and catches the heart of the perspective buyer, then he will pay much more than the book price.

Don`t get ripped off by someone who is after a quick bargain. I always like to sell my cars to someone that will look after it as well as me.

Dealers tell you any old nonsense to maximise their profit, of course. So if you have sat nav "ooh well, makes no real difference sir", and if you don't then it's "ooh, well, you if you only had satnav I could be a bit more generous, but then of course <insert car colour here> isn't that popular anyway you see".

I guess we'd all do it if the position were reversed though.

The only really successful strategy I've ever found is to say "in that case forget the whole thing" and actually mean it. Last time I did that I did really convince myself I no longer wanted the deal. The dealer subsequently rang me three times at home, getting shirtier each time because I kept saying "no longer interested mate". Finally he rang and said "ok, you can have the original deal you asked for" and was as nice as pie from then on. But you have to really mean it when you say no. After all, there's always another deal round the corner somewhere if that doesn't work.