Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turning Off Interior Alarm Sensor

Hi Guys,

Taking the Lex to France and going on the ferry. Can someone just remind me how to disable the interior alarm sensor for the crossing so it's not shrieking down in the car deck and flattening the Battery?

Something to do with the central locking button I think...

Cheers. ;)

Took my previous IS to France 3 times Dover Calais twice & Portsmouth Cherboug once. Never had that problem, even when it was choppy. Thinking back one time it was even parked halfway up a ramp on a Seacat and it was fine. You should be OK.

on the GS if you press the lock button again within 10 seconds you operate the deadlocks (single flash), if you wait for more than 10 seconds before the second press you turn off the interior sensors (5 flashes)

On the older IS models franmac is correct as the deadlocks always operate.

All you need to do to turn the interior sensors off is turn off your engine and take out your keys. Open the drivers door and press power lock button on your door to lock and then unlock the doors. Do this 5 times and the security light on the dash will flash quickly. Now when you get out and close the door and arm the car, the sensors will have been disabled.