Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Model To Buy

HI EVERBODY IM CURRENTLEY LOOKING AROUND FOR A IS200 BUT CANT DECIDE WHICH SPEC TO BUY EITHER THE SE OR THE SPORT.

I HAVE BEEN QUOTED ROUGHLY THE SAME ON INSURANCE FOR BOTH AND NOW CANT DECIDE ON WHICH ONE TO GO FOR, SO WHICH WOULD YOU GO FOR ?

CHEERS DEAN.

When I had my IS I went for the Sport as I prefered it being slightly lower and liked the spoiler, pedals etc.

If cost isn't the issue, go for the Sport, but if you'll save yourself loads in getting it, the SE won't disappoint either. You can always add on spoiler etc afterwards as time and money allows, but it you'll have to declare it to your insurers.

Sport will be easier to sell in the future and modding an SE to become a sport will cost you much more in insurance if you declare the mods.

Sport has a slightly firmer ride so test drive both to see which one you like the best.

i got quotes from tesco when i was buying my lexus and the insurance was cheaper on the sport than it was on the SE. if i had the extra money i would have bought the sport but i only just had enough money for an S.

if you can get a Sport than do it! :D

J.

SE doesn't handle better but has a softer ride.

Sport gives you the lowered suspension, metal kick plates and pedals, two-tone steering wheel (not on all), tinted rear windows, chrome exhaust trim and LSD. Only available in manual form in the UK (euro models can have it in auto)

I have to agree with everyone else, Go for the Sport!

Although Don't expect the handling to be much, it is still a very soft ride compaired to say a 318is. It still has overtones of a boat!!!!!

I've got Knoi coilovers on order!!!!!

No probs, :offtopic: but something which i have discussed at meets etc, but no one seems to know the answer. The quote drops on springs which model are they based on? i.e 30mm = 30mm on S, SE and 15mm on sport or 30mm on sport and 45mm on se,s?