Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Roofbars

Anyone else use the genuine Lexus roofbars on their IS?

I had them delivered shortly after picking up the car and paid over the phone. I don't believe I was sent a receipt.

Last weekend I tried to fit them and the attachment Allen bolt had seized in the captive nut. It didn't seize instantly, it was over the short time it takes to screw them up. I couldn't tighten the front bar enough and then couldn't undo it again! :o

I tried dismantling the foot assembly, but the captive nut is enclosed in a metal case. I called Lexus Hatfield, to see if they'd replace them under warranty, they said yes, if you have the receipt! I looked for it and couldn't find it! :crybaby:

I called Lexus Oxford, who I bought them off and asked if they keep receipts. They said, 'our system's were all changed last October. All paperwork before that has been archived.' :angry:

I'm gonna try getting a goodwill payment from Oxford and/or Lexus GB, but has anyone else experienced this? Apparently the design has now changed and you don't need to screw the bars on, you just flip a clip! Maybe Lexus knew there was a problem?

Any help is appreciated, as always! :winky:

Steve

i got some genuine lexus roof bars off eBay and havent had any probs as of yet. theyre in the cellar at the moment and i cant remember if they're alan key or not :blush: not really what you expect to happen though is it when you fit them. i hope you get it sorted mate.

have you looked on your credit card statements to see the transaction when you purchased them over the phone, surely lexus will accept that and replace them on the spot?