Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lex More Common Than Bmw?

Well I set off from Heathrow area today at 08:00, arrived Eastbourne about 10:00.

Departed Eastbourne 12:00 and arrived back Heathrow at 15:00 and I only saw 1 GS which cut across the front of me as it left the M23 and joined the M25 (straight across everything to get to outside lane) and at well over 70.

My TrafficMaster warned me of delays from junctions 6 to 12 clockwise so I cut off at the A217 whilst he/she probably got stuck :)

Not a single IS in sight anywhere, and not for the want of looking.

B) sounds like you were at a dealer, I have only seen a silver IS and of course one royal saphire IS, which was mine :lol::lol:

still think bms are common type vehicles, every :tsktsk: has got one, not like the lex of course, B)

Have to say pretty common place where I am. Mine plus one more IS in my road. 1 IS and 1 RX in the next street.

2 more IS in my work car park.

Usually see at least 3 or 4 other IS a day - SC430 more rare but probably see 2 a week.

In the streets of London that I roam about, I see more Ferrari 360 Modenas and Porsche Turbos than I do Lex. Oh, and Mercedes E-class and S-class used as executive taxis, they are everywhere in London with their tractor sounding diesel engines!

In the 6 years I have owned my LS, I still do not personally know anyone who has a Lex (apart from this board!). Yes, I do get out of the house!!!

Interestingly enough, there was an article about BMW in Autocar recently, which went on about how in Europe as a whole, BMW 3 series now outsells Ford Mondeo, and they went on about how the glut of 316 and 318 models as repmobiles has damaged residuals and image. They hope the introduction of the 1 series will push the 3 series back upmarket.

I really hope Lexus UK keep supply limited over the next few years. It would be so crap if they built up brand exclusivity only for it to disappear because the sales manager wants to sell a few extra thousand cars each year.

had a blue is200 following me along the A40 this morning, and we both overtook another blue Is200!

Quite common cars in london area.

(well, i say common, but there not really!)

probably see a few everyday travelling to and from work

oh yeah, even had a granite sky is like mine park next to me last week! (cough stevex cough)

In MK, you'd be lucky to see another Lex of any type, the odd one in NewPort and some by the City Centre, other than that, quite rare in MK B) but in Luton, I pass a few still parked in the driveways in Stopsley in the mornings

Hi....Here in the Bristol area it seems every other car is a IS 200.

There everywhere its a very popular car....id be on here alnight if i was posting on the "was it you" thread.

The dark blue colour seems everyones favorite...now theres a idea for a thread.

Done a little experiment today. Counted the number of BMWs coming the other way on a quite part on the M40. In 3 minutes I saw 20 and in the same time 0 Lexus. In fact in the time it took me to travel back from Liverpool I only saw about 7 Lexus and several hundred, if not thousands, of BMWs.

Have to say pretty common place where I am. Mine plus one more IS in my road. 1 IS and 1 RX in the next street.

2 more IS in my work car park.

Usually see at least 3 or 4 other IS a day - SC430 more rare but probably see 2 a week.

Well you must live in an exclusive part of the country and among people with very good taste B)

As a very rough guide, using a little extrapolation from various figures culled from the net, (I should be renamed "I Is Your Google Bitch" I think) BMW are selling about 90 to 100 thousand vehicles a year in the UK whilst Lexus are selling about 12 to 15 thousand I think.

So there are a LOT more BMWs.

The other day in West London on the A40, I was undertaken by a yellow Lamborghini Murchielago in the morning and tailgated by a silver one in the evening. Even Lambos are more common than my old LS model!!! :D

As a very rough guide, using a little extrapolation from various figures culled from the net, (I should be renamed "I Is Your Google Bitch" I think) BMW are selling about 90 to 100 thousand vehicles a year in the UK whilst Lexus are selling about 12 to 15 thousand I think.

So there are a LOT more BMWs.

Well, Lexus UK are deliberately keeping supply of IS models to 15k max a year to avoid oversupply and residuals going down the pan...

The other thing is that with Beemers you get the same dash whether you are in the 3 series, 5 series or 7 series (prior to 5 and 7 series new models anyway). At least with Lexus they make the interiors different for each model!

The other thing is that with Beemers you get the same dash whether you are in the 3 series, 5 series or 7 series (prior to 5 and 7 series new models anyway). At least with Lexus they make the interiors different for each model!

Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so boring. The steering wheels and dials are just :sick:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links