Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greddy Emanage

SpOcK

Anyone currently running TTE S/C + eManage combination? Just finished installing S/C + eManage, had a test run, it seems to work mecanically ok but running lean all the time under accel. Cruise is more or less stoich but once accel depressed it goes lean. Under heavier acceleration, there's a fuel cut. I used AEM wide band lamda while setting. If anyone has any experiences with this compination could someone please post your configuration file for the eManage as a basis of my setup. I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Sami

Anyone? Mark?

I have not (yet) installed any sub injectors, and the main injectors are also std 220cc, because they should be good for over 250hp (220cc * 6 / 5 = 264hp).

Unless the Emanage has been improved recently it is not really suitable for use with forced induction because it can only be mapped in 2D and can only work within the limitations of the standard signals.

The Dastec Unichip and other similar ecu's are the same but the Dastek ecu can have a 3D map sensor added as an option.

If you are stuck with the Emanage, try a larger pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, or larger injectors or all three.

Mark, sorry I'm a bit dim but what exactly is the difference between chips that can be configured in 2d against chips that can be configured in 3d? What are all the benefits / advantages etc of the 3d chip, and what 3d chips are on the market that fit the IS? TIA

if you can imagine a graph,, you wil have hte X and Y axis,, ie as in a Dyno power run graph.. this means you can only plot 2 data points..ie fuel and air, this as i understand it is 2D mapping.

With 3D you have X Y and Z.. or 3 data points.. so you could for example plot fuel, air and timing..

You wouldn't be plotting fuel and air on the graph. The X and Y axis of the graph would be inputs (engine rpm or load or throttle angle or air flow) and the actual line on the graph would be the required setting (e.g. the amount of fuel or the timing.)

With 3d you are using three inputs to come up with the correct value.

My understanding of the unichip is that it has two maps one for fuel and another for timing. It uses rpm and throttle as inputs to these maps. If you add the 3d option you can also use boost pressure as an input to achieve the correct fueling and timing.

Oooops nearly forgot :blush:

The other limitation on Emanage and similar products, is the amount of load sites that can be mapped.

I can't remember how many, but the Emanage has very few load sites that can actually be mapped. The result of this is that the interpolation is very rough and ready when compared to something like Motec, HKS or similar which are a proper engine management systems with significantly more mappable sites.

The end result is more accurate mapping which gives more power and better drivability.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links