Sign in to follow this  
billybandit

Computer Problems

help.... my computer has lost the plot. a box keeps coming on the screen asking me to enter my network password. it pops up with all the information in the box it needs. it used to happen now and again, but tonight its every few seconds.

i'm running xp home.

can anybody help :unsure:

what network password is this?

are you on dialup?

are you being disconnected from the internet, and having to dialup again?

Always a good idea to have upto date versions of Ad-Aware either / or Spybot Search and Destroy installed.

Run these programs, and make sure you don't have anything nasty installed.

Is this the Network Pasword or the Internet Connection Password, if Internet Password, there is a section with in the Internet Connection Properties to tick " Always Remember My Password ", make sure this is ticked, this will prevent your connection popping up, but in order for the pop window to appear, this normally means your connection is dropping below the recommended connection speed.

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

thanks matt, i am running ntl broadband. i have just logged on to the server and found that the email system is down. would this be the problem?

thanks matt, i am running ntl broadband. i have just logged on to the server and found that the email system is down. would this be the problem?

very likely.

Turn off Outlook (express), or whatever your mail client is.

Does the error stop?