Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clonk Noise When Braking

spoofer

• 3 months later...

I have only just got my car back from Lexus about a week ago ..........

The clonking / creasing noise was the clips holding the pads in place.

Lexus just re-tensioned the clips, and now all is fine !

Regards,

Mine was just the same mate ......... it got to a point where you could even feel the judder on your brake pedal !! and people would turn around because they could hear the car ....

I'm pretty sure it's just the clips !

Regards,

• 6 months later...

I used to have it on my Mk.1 GS. Would clunk once when stopping, then would behave until stopping in the other direction (i.e. reverse), when it would clunk back again.

Are the clips easy to re-tension? if its going to be hard then maybe i should just buy some new omes.....anyone know a price on new ones. or is it the usual toyota parts price of about £100,000 per clip. :P

Jason

Are the clips easy to re-tension? if its going to be hard then maybe i should just buy some new omes.....anyone know a price on new ones. or is it the usual toyota parts price of about £100,000 per clip. :P 

Jason

:mat: :blush: Oppps sorry Jason i was supposed to let you know, will try to remember to check tonight :)

Jason

:mat: :blush: Oppps sorry Jason i was supposed to let you know, will try to remember to check tonight :)

No worries, havn't got the time to sort them out till the weekend anyway!!!! :crybaby: