Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Jammed

Please help!!! cd player has jammed two discs and i have read that the cd player is covered by 5 year warranty.

Rang Lexus sheffield and they say that it will be replaced under the warranty BUT! i bought the car used about 4 weeks ago from a non lexus dealer so is the warranty still valid?

:) Yes you will get a replacement radio, i've just had a new one after 4 years.

Thanks for advice just been down to Lexus Sheffield and they took some details of the car and ordered me a new radio no probs! should be about two days. :D

:) Yes you will get a replacement radio, i've just had a new one after 4 years.

Thanks for advice just been down to Lexus Sheffield and they took some details of the car and ordered me a new radio no probs! should be about two days. :D

It took around 6 weeks for mine to arrive once it was ordered. :blink:

I doubt if the dealer will cover a jam, this is normally caused by inserting the CDs the wrong way so it becomes self inflicted damage it hapenned to me. :blush:

It's a common fault on the early IS200 stereos which is why the warranty has been extended. Nothing to do with loading discs the wrong way or using CD labels etc.

Hi

My CD player has also become jammed, I have three discs in that will no longer play or eject.

The car was registered in March 2000, but has had two previous owners, will the CD player still be covered under this 5 year warranty? :unsure:

Any help would be much appreciated

Copper.

• 2 weeks later...

i called my local dealer to have them repair my cd player on a car which is 4 yers old but has 110,000 miles and was informed that the warranty is valid for upto 5 years and 100,000 miles only, not an unlimited mileage warranty.

this was unfortunately confirmed by lexus customer service :(

can i just ask;

removing the fuse; do u remove it and put it back in and then start the car, or start the car with the fuse out and then put the fuse in while the car is still running?

to answer my own question, yes the car needs to be on, turn the stereo off then look under the bonnet on the front passenger side and there should be the fusebox, on the inside of the fusebox cover the fuse's will be marked, just take the radio no.1 fuse out and put it back in, after which the cd shuttle does a complete reset and spits out your clogged up plastic.

but since lexus won't cover my cd changer under warranty anymore i bought a new in-car mp3 with hard-drive as it costs the same as repairing the built-in cd system.

so i now have a spare IS200 tape/tuner/cd and rear speakers, is it worth trying to sell these on eBay or something?

• 4 weeks later...

hi everton,

as far as i know the warranty only covers u upto 5yrs or 100,000miles so u could try what i did, it's pretty much detailed in my post just before yours.

---

"the car needs to be on, turn the stereo off then look under the bonnet on the front passenger side and there should be the fusebox, on the inside of the fusebox cover the fuse's will be marked, just take the radio no.1 fuse out and put it back in, after which the cd shuttle does a complete reset and spits out your clogged up plastic."

---

otherwise i know there are other msgs on this board and in the workshop section of this site that could possibly help.

best of luck.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem i can hear the CD spinning inside but cant load or eject any disc, mine is a 99 so it wont be covered under warrenty, i have a decent MP3 head unit with an infinity sub/ amp in my old car so this seems like a good time to install it in the lexus, i believe i need a facia adaptor so it looks flush,

anyone have any idea how much it would cost lexus, or someone? to fit a headunit, sub&amp and 6x9's. I butchered my last car fitting the system myself and dont want to do the same with this one lol.