Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pda Mounting

Hi Everyone, (hope this is the right place to post this type of topic)

I am looking to get a new PDA HP H2210 with the Tom Tom 3 GPS Navigation software. I'll be using the PDA for a number of other reason (esp work) and wanted to get the navigation system.

I have a number of options as to how to mount the thing in the car

1. Dash Console

2. Locking vent

3. Suction.

Looking to get the Seidio GPS ready mount.

Global Positioning Systems

What I would like to do is locate the GPS ready mount in the top dash box, so as when the lid is closed the holder is not visible. Don't plan to keep the PDA in when not in use.

So has anybody tried this or done it already????

I could do the normal thing and have it let the car down by showing all the wires and holder attached to the screen. But I don't want do that!

So any suggestions or ideas will be much appreicated.

Willing to make a mechanism but could do with some ideas.

Ash

Have a look here:

www.brodit.com

You have a choise of three locations, left or right of AC/Radio or left of gearshift... very good quality brackets, you can even get them with built in power to hard wire rather than use the accessory socket (ok, the cig lighter socket)

I have the Ipaq 2210 with TomTom navigator 3 and I have purchased the TomTom car kit for the 2210 and have fitted it to a dashmount bracket where my nokia car kit was as I now have a Bluetooth hands free car kit.

It looks neat and is far better than having it stuck to the windscreen.

:D :D

Have a look in my garage. I just got a vent mount from eBay, about £5 and have it to the right of the sterring wheel.

Good visability while driving.. I just have the Bluetooth GPS just placed in the middle of the dash normally.

Works well and even if the charger is being used the wires dont really get in the way.

The ipaq just has a little magnet on the back, so its so easy to use.

The tomtom is the dogs bits as far as I am concerned - I've just bought it for my Palm T3 which I have now "permanently" mounted in my cubby (work has provided me with a new iPaq :yack: )

Thanks Helly

Had a look and it does look good on the right vent.

The GPS unit i got the other day with my new Ipaq is the Haicom GPS CF card. It slots in the top of the Ipaq. Got this one so the use is less restricted (not only used in the car).

Still getting use to it.

I am planning to get the Seidio G2500 mount for the Ipaq and hard wire it to the car. This is planned to be mounted on one of the vents "Jim's kindly offered the vent mount".

I'll have a look at the others.

Buy the way, the LOC is one of the best i've seen and to everybody that has replied, thanks very much. :) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought tomtom, ipaq h2210 & wired gps the other week. I have the pda suction fed by centre console on windscreen & the gps is wired behind the stereo and I have attached it on the ashtray and it's get's the satellites no problem...and do you want to know why?......

because us lucky IS200 owners have sunroofs and the gps has line of sight from the ashytray through the sunroof! Works great, wouldn't bother with Bluetooth, don't see any cables.

Oh, by the way have fed all the cigarette charger cables behind the stereo too, dead easy!

Not bad for a mobile GPS system. Now sorted out the mounting issues. Lexus Jim kindly gave me the vent mount that looks better then the screen mount.

Now looking to hardwire the PDA charger into the car. Going to do this behind the dash. Poss this weekend if its not hurling it down

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links