Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small Problems

the left and right holes on my 3-hole washer jets on the left side of the car are blocked. whats the best way to clear them?

annoying rattle from the gear lever while in third gear. does not happen in any other gear and doesnt go away when i attempt to hold the gear stick in an attempt to damp the vibes. any solutions?

cars done about 8k miles now and during the 1 yr service at 6.5k, the front were at 4,5,6 mm on the outside, middle, inside (could be the other way round). was that normal wear rate? what can I do to ensure that I dont end up with feathered tyres prematurely.

the left and right holes on my 3-hole washer jets on the left side of the car are blocked. whats the best way to clear them?

annoying rattle from the gear lever while in third gear. does not happen in any other gear and doesnt go away when i attempt to hold the gear stick in an attempt to damp the vibes. any solutions?

cars done about 8k miles now and during the 1 yr service at 6.5k, the front were at 4,5,6 mm on the outside, middle, inside (could be the other way round). was that normal wear rate? what can I do to ensure that I dont end up with feathered tyres prematurely.

For the holes - use a pin

gearstick - dunno

tyre wear - swap tyres around

zee - what does swapping tyres around mean? left front with right front? or left front with left rear and right front with right rear?

i'd take it to the garage if they knew their head from their ****s.

Swap the diagnols..... Front left and rear right - Front right and rear left...

zee - what does swapping tyres around mean? left front with right front? or left front with left rear and right front with right rear?

i'd take it to the garage if they knew their head from their ****s.

Swap the diagnols..... Front left and rear right - Front right and rear left...

Don't forget that the tyres are directional - don't swap from side-to-side unless you're gonna get the tyres changed round on the rims.

you mean the front left tyre goes onto the right rear rim and the right rear on the front left rim and these tyres have to be swapped over for the right diretional rotation. this isnt something i can do myself and will require re-balancing as well.. how much does this cost and is it worth the effort?

you mean the front left tyre goes onto the right rear rim and the right rear on the front left rim and these tyres have to be swapped over for the right diretional rotation. this isnt something i can do myself and will require re-balancing as well.. how much does this cost and is it worth the effort?

Something like that, yes.

How much? Maybe £10 a corner, depends on your fitter.

Is it worth it? Your choice but I'd say not. I swap mine front to back to keep the wear even but can't be bothered with the hassle of side to side.

If the shoulders are being scrubbed off then maybe spend the money on a 4 wheel alignment instead.