Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermath Radios.... Ahhh!

Righto,

First posting, so please go easy... :blink:

I have not long purchased a Lexus IS200SE (01 plate) and to be honest, this is the best vehicle I have ever drove. My only complaint is my factory stereo will not play backup cd's. Now I have been through the forum and made notes of several issues regarding these radios. The one I have does not give me a ERR problem and has the loading bay at the top of the unit.

So, after a week of searching I have decided to buy an aftermarket unit. The problem I envisage now is I need to know what HU cables or Wiring Harness Adapters that are required to fit this:

Kenwood KVT-725DVD-B

I have purchased a fascia that changes to a single DIN, now I'm just stuck on how to wire the damn unit. Any wiring part numbers of links to sites would be of great interest.

Just about to sign up and become a GOLD member and gonna go start me garage section to get some images and details up.

Looking forward to some response.....

Phil.

the standard radio will play burnt cd's thats all i have in mine - are u sure that u are burning them as normal cd audio files ( .cda) and not as mp3? this was the case with someone before on the forums.

the standard radio will play burnt cd's thats all i have in mine - are u sure that u are burning them as normal cd audio files ( .cda) and not as mp3? this was the case with someone before on the forums.

Yup,

I'm an avid cd / dvd burner *cough* so I know exactly how to burn discs. The problem I keep getting is an ERR1 message. Tried it again tonight and I managed to get 1 cd to play but after I swapped the disc over and changed back to it I got the same message again.... works fine with original discs tho. Strange eh? Mebbe a faulty drive?

Many thanks for the info. I have gone and ordered my unit with the MP3 Keg and will let you guys know how it turned out!

Phil.

Hmmm, didn't someone on here recently say that the wiring harness in the S was completely different to the SE?

Good luck anyway fella, sounds good.

As a matter of interest, what media are you using, and have you tried any others? Also, what happens if you burn at 1x or 2x - does that work then? That trick used to work on the older PlayStation's....

Worth asking the dealer what the error message is. Will be good to know. I know with the pre 01 had the Err3 and a rest of the ECU seem to cure the problem

I think there will be two issues you have here, firstly burn speed and secondly and most definately media type.

Try anything 16x and lower... but if you really dont want to create shiny coffe cup coasters I would do 8x ... however I think your real issue is more one of data type.

I ALWAYS use Verbatim WHITE top for my CDR **backup audio** discs !!!! They may cost 13p each instead of 6p but then again they work out cheaper if you aint burning 4 or 5 to get one lousy disc out !

I use a company on the web... www.cd-rmedia.co.uk and what they dont have in the way of media... isnt worth having !!!

Hope that helps

Billy

'Audio' CD-Rs cost more because some of the money goes to the music industry to compensate for piracy. They are not better quality - in fact data discs need to be of good quality, if you get data loss the disc is useless - which is why there is error checking and correction on data discs reducing the capacity. A bit of data loss on an audio CD either goes undetected or a slight distortion in the sound.

As for speed - if your burner can produce error free data discs at high speed then it will create audio discs too. I don't have any problems burning audio discs at x52 speed.

Cheers guys.

I have tried 4 brands so far and at different speeds. So far the only one I have managed to get working *ocassionally* is the cheapest of cheap silver top one, I shall get some high spec TDK or Verbs to test and see if they make good. Results shall be posted.

I only use Verbatim media, never a problem yet.

Good recommendation I picked up from a forum I used to spend a lot of time on, and those guys seriously knew their stuff when it came to this sort of thing!