Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Query

Ruskie

Hypothetically if i were to get a EVO VI :ph34r: where would i stand if it were insured under my g/f name (31, full no claims) with myself as a named driver (22, 4 years no claims) would it be considerably cheaper? We also live together.

I got a quote for 5500 for a Punto when I was your age mate so I'll say £9000! There will be some silly quotes as it's just another way for them to say they don't want to insure you!

Would be a nice car though, much quicker than what you've got now, I've never felt the ride quality though in one of these but I'm guessing it's a boneshaker?

They would probably ask if the named driver has access to another car on a regular basis (2 or 3 times a week +). If not then they may load up the premium as the named driver could be using the car all the time as their own.

If you insure a car as the main driver and you add a named driver who has access to their own car then they assume you will be using the car most of the time and the named driver only now and again.

But are they ever going to know?

Try Elephant. For some reason, they seem to be dirt cheap for most people I know in London this year. I personally saved £1,500 on my LS400 by renewing with Elephant. My premium is now £750 with 2 additional named drivers!