Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gb's View On Modding...

I've asked Lexus GB regarding installing TTE supercharger kit and body kit. This is what they have to say...

Thank you for your email requesting information on how to fit a TTE

Compressor and sports body kit.

Unfortunately Lexus do not recommend that you install a TTE and a Sports

kit. The main reason being is because the car is not manufactured in the

way that it can retro fit one. The engine will not be able to take it and

you will notice a difference in the way the car is run.

I hope you find this information helpful. If I can be of any further help

or assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Bhavi Ganpot

Customer Accounts Manager

www.lexus.co.uk

0845 278 8888

Hum..... even body kits are not recommended? what is he talking about?

Car not manufactured to have these kits retrofitted? :excl:

I think they have no idea what is happening outside their 'lexus-world'... how sad

As comical as this is, it's also extremely worrying that they're employing people who don't seem to have the first clue about Lexus :ohmy:

sad thing is tho its not just lexus, at the risk of sounding arrogant most people i come in to contact with working for large blue chips havnet got a clue. whats the world coming to????? i sound really old now!

Isnt the s/c available on the continent?

Got my car in at the moment to get some bits replaced cause the tracking is way out. I keep on getting comments from the dealer about the non-lexus lowering springs though.

I've asked Lexus GB regarding installing TTE supercharger kit and body kit. This is what they have to say...

Thank you for your email requesting information on how to fit a TTE

Compressor and sports body kit.

Unfortunately Lexus do not recommend that you install a TTE and a Sports

kit. The main reason being is because the car is not manufactured in the

way that it can retro fit one. The engine will not be able to take it and

you will notice a difference in the way the car is run.

I hope you find this information helpful. If I can be of any further help

or assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Bhavi Ganpot

Customer Accounts Manager

www.lexus.co.uk

0845 278 8888

Hum..... even body kits are not recommended? what is he talking about?

Car not manufactured to have these kits retrofitted?  :excl:

I think they have no idea what is happening outside their 'lexus-world'... how sad

another way of saying dont do it basically. i wouldnt get these fitted a car dealers. way too expensive & no garentee of good results. TTE supercharge kit may be part of Toyota but if they/Lexus dont officially sell it at car dealers they wont recognise it anyway. is the same with mazda, the motorsport 'mazdaspeed' products not sold at mazda europe so they dont recognise it & 'cannot' get hold of mazdaspeed products even though car dealers say they got contacts in japan. is not uncommon for car dealers salesman not knowing about these parts.

lot of car dealers not a fan of modified cars so they not willing to give good advise even though some of them have knowledge of it. anyways how common is it u see a modified car in terms of performance/looks at a car dealer?

just sounds like a standard company disclaimer to me.

If they did say " go blat ya cars with a charger on em and a non standard B/kit" and you crash you can sue possibley?

TheDon could be right.

i mean it does invalid the engine waanty doesnt it?

Wouldnt be very good if LGB said it was good for the engine when it invalidates the manufacturers warranty?

We all know if fits and 9 out of 10 work perfectly. Purely covering his backside.

Otherwise LGB would have released a special series of Supercharged IS's by now.

This was only put off by the warranty company refusing to warrant any engine with a TTE super charger.

I could be wrong in those facts.. So please dont eat me.

Got my car in at the moment to get some bits replaced cause the tracking is way out. I keep on getting comments from the dealer about the non-lexus lowering springs though.

TTE springs are rebranded eilbachs!!! :angry:

in my line of buisiness i write crap like that all the time.

"i will install xxxx but will accept no responsibility for the rest of the system"

if i did install sumfin and by working well it caused a problem on existing equipment i would be liable.

but those beautiful "i accept no responsability" words keep me safe.

Is that in English?

Is he an Accounts person....

Well I say ...

His reply should have been...

Dear Customer..

Thank you for your enquiry, it's an interesting subject.

I too enjoy modifications, Lexus obviouly will not approve this but there are some modification companies out there, one of them being TTE who develope a fantastic supercharger kit to date.

In fact many Lexus IS200 owners have gone this way and have had no engines problems so far. In fact our service technicians love seeing these cars roll into their workshops although thay do not know where to start sometimes when it comes to a service.

I could go on, but better not.. you get the drift...

Who can do a better one then ...

Lexus fitted the TTE body kit on their demonstrator when it arrived in the UK.

3 months later I bought it !!

When I mention SC to them, the lads in the workshop think it's a good idea and the engine can handle it?

Just thought I'd add my two penny worth.

Neil

Isnt the s/c available on the continent?

yes, the Sc can be selected as a "normal" option ( the same way as metallic paint) in mainland Europe - in Germany the car would have to go to TTE for it to be fitted.