Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning Impact On Petrol?

I've read loads of posts on how having the A/C on hammers petrol consumption but does anyone know if it uses more fuel the harder it works or does it cost the same no matter what setting its on?

Just wondered whether it makes much difference if its pumping the cool air out like there's no tomorrow or just a gentle breeze is better on the fuel usage?

the AC is linked to a thermostat. if you have your ac set on a colder setting or not in recirculate, its going to be running more often causing a higher fuel consumption. in case case the lexus is meant to be a luxury car and if someone cant afford the 1-2 mpg hit, buy a daewoo with a 800 cc 3 pot engine

I've read loads of posts on how having the A/C on hammers petrol consumption but does anyone know if it uses more fuel the harder it works or does it cost the same no matter what setting its on?

Just wondered whether it makes much difference if its pumping the cool air out like there's no tomorrow or just a gentle breeze is better on the fuel usage?

all i know it is **** hot and i have it on all the time :whistling: if it cost's me more so be it :driving:

The bigger the engine, the less impact it has because the engine doesnt need to work much harder to run the compressor.

However, using your A/C uses less fuel than having your windows open as that ruins the aerodynamics.

Keep using your A/C thats what its there for, if you can afford £1k+ for a car, you can afford to run it.

Don't forget to use your A/C in the winter too, not only to stop it from seizing up, but it also demists the windows better than using just the heater.