Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shall I Buy A Cat C Repaired Car?!?!?!

hi all lexus owners

this forum is soooooo informative, can i have your opinions as to whether i should purchase a cat c damaged repaired car, its hpi registered.

lexus is200 se auto se full tte styling kit, 57k not history but confirmed with dealers it had been serviced upto 50k awaiting invoice from seller.

the car is in prestine condition.

i need to inform him tomorrow ? he wants close to the asking price but will consider a close offer what would you pay>>! shall i offer him £7800?!

need to know as i have searched and searched this maybe a good deal

thanks

Tough one this:who did the repair,Lexus or independent?

just becoz its a cat c theres no need to run away, if the repair has been done to a high std there's no need to worry,do you know the extent of the repair ?

have you driven it yet?

If it all meets with your requirements then why be put off ownership of a great car.

drives nice and i do intend to keep for a year or so.

just checked the autotrader theres another 51reg in red though he wants minimum £7500 has light rear damage requires diy job rear light and bumper?

decisions decisions decisions

help hope i dont make the wrong one

I know somebody who bought a cat C car and the seller was told if he sold it DVLA would put on the log book "cat c" and it would de-value the car so he sold it dirt cheap and when my mate sent off for the log book it came back clear,nothing on it so the seller could of got top money for it !!!!!!!

My mate got it for a killer of a price :ph34r:

To be honest, nearly £8k doesnt sound that cheap to me, not enough to make it worthwhile anyway.

If dealers are selling them for as little as £10k, then non-franchised dealers will have them for £8.5k and when you come to sell it on you won't have any difficulty at all.

Personally though, I would get a used GS300 instead for the same money, but I wouldnt want to get a car thats a repaired write-off just to save at the most £1000.

I bought a Cat C Lexus. Its still the best car I have ever owned.

There are a couple of ways of looking at your purchase. You could have bought the same car for top wack and then found out it was on the HPI register. The seller isn't legally bound to tell you.

At least you know that something has happened to it. As for the reg doc, nothing is printed on it at all. The only way you find out is if the owner tells you or you run an HPI check.

Personally, I don't really care if my cars are on the register. The only thing that worries me is if they have finance on them and may get snatched from me.

I would go for it if the price is right but then im mad. I replaced the Lexus with a 300ZX from eBay which ran like a bag of spanners and had no history and 6 owners within 18 months. Not as good as the Lexter but goes like a scalded Earwig now its sorted.