Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Battery

Fargo

the red top optima says they are for middle range ice setups.. and the yellow top for high end.

it will be for my new ice install, running 3 amps and a car PC.. optima i can get for 150 quid

Niether, but if you had to choose Optima Yellow top 31 ;)

My money would go on Hawker/odessey/stinger or Redflash batterys. I run 4x Redflash 3500s in my SPL car (162dB+)

Optimas have nothing more to offer over the above i mentioned apart from fact its totally sealed which allows you to mount the Battery in any position without risk of leak, spec wise there not brilliant. They are deep cycle but don't have best internal resistance, depends on application soley.

If you want more info msn me sometime.

• 3 months later...

After few minor ice install, my car Battery is showing as low as 10v while in stationery! Creeps up to 12-13v when in motion/revving. Currently running Sat Nav/DVD headunit, Xbox using an inverter (see here). The xbox switches off and sometimes doesn't come on for a while until the car has been driven for few moments. Also there is beeping noise coming from the inverter (I think - didn't look closely)...assuming there isn't enough power going into the inverter :unsure::question: Any suggestions :question::question::question: Either way I will need another Battery but shopping around what kind of Battery to get? What one you got now Mr Fargo? Obviously want it to work for the car and also my ICE bearing in mind there will be more added ICE later on (amps, subs etc) :shifty::whistling:

Have a look here you Exide users might recognise it. Deta and Exide are same company, but the Deta version is cheaper, but is the same Battery. Ideal as a second Battery for big ICE install. This is what I'm going for with a split charge relay.

They also offer this one which is more geared for high levels of cold cranking power, and has multiple posts to attach to (good for additional earth and power feeds)

I'm thinking of the Orbital 900 to replace my main Battery as its showing signs of perhaps dying sdoon, and I will put an Orbital 900DC in he boot. Like you Paul, I have three amps and with the carputer I want a stable but cost effective solution.

Four batteries Mr Singh, no wonder you want some more power.. to drive the alternator and pull those batteries! ;)

Four batteries Mr Singh, no wonder you want some more power.. to drive the alternator and pull those batteries! ;)

That was in the SPL van ;)

Value for money wise i would go with Redflash which is same as Stinger/Hawker/Odessy.

I ran little under 10,000wrms (20,000 PEAK!) in my SPL van, and those 4 batterys never ever gave me problems. If you saw/heard the amount of amps and output i had you would be left with this face - :yahoo:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=3696

You don't need both!, I said I might get both if if I replace my main Battery. Ideally I would just put the deep cycle Battery in the boot, but I think my main Battery is showing signs of weakening, its the orginal Battery and car will be four next May. Instead of replacing it with a standard Battery, I might go the extra yard and use the Optima 900 to replace my main Battery, with the 900DC in the boot on the split charge