Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Window

On occasions I have the window slightly open, press UP, and it AUTO up and then back down ?    :unsure:  Confused I was, back up manual and works fine after...

Does it need a lube, or is there a small problem developing into a bigger one?

Let me know if you find a fix for this as i had a similar problem and on testing the board inside the switch,everything was fine so i think its the switch itself,you cant buy a single switch you have to buy the whole unit.......about £150 :angry:

The safety circuits in the drivers window and sunroof 'auto close' work by sensing changes in the current drawn by the motor.

There are a few posts about from others with this problem. Try cleaning the window guides and rubbers.

Had the same problem on my IS. The garage told me that if you hold the button in the up position for @15 seconds it resets itself. Seemed to work for a while then the problem came back - although bizarrely it only really seemed to happen in warm weather!!!

Steve,

Recently had a bump taken out of my dearest Lex by a garage. I think they put a new skin on the door.

When I collected it, they said the electric window had the same issue as yours, i.e., going up but coming back down automatically. They had to take it to Lexus to get the elec window reset.

Some type of sensor??