Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedy Advice Needed

Hi Everyone..

I've just had a call from the Manchester Service department.. i took it in for a knocking sound on turning / braking at low speeds, and also a squelchy sound from the brake pedel.... they've come back saying i need new pads at the front... and also 3 new tyres into the bargain..!?!?!

He qouted £550 at first but i've had him down to £460... but can anyone tell me if this seems ok...? Does it sound like new pads would be needed...?

I should point out that i have an x reg is200, which i bought from this garage 9 months ago, so it's still under warrenty... and when i bought it i was told the brakes and tyres were tip top....?

Help... advice... ??

Brutus.

Tyre's are Dunlop sp9000's...

What i was getting at with the warranty was more about the fact they told me they were in very good condition when i got it, and only 9 months later they need replacing...

Think i'm gonna just have to bit the old bullet on this one.... so happy my 60K service is due in about 1500 miles too... :sick:

how many miles have done in the car since picking it up, that should tell you if the tyre and brake wear is down to you or if it wasnt that tip top when you picked it up.

£460 sounds ok for 3 new sp9000's and pads all fitted.

if you was a gold member you could have got a discount, and on your upcoming service, click here to go gold.

I'm using the spare which is as new...

I managed to get him to give us a discount anyway, but i will be going gold in the very near future, as for the service with it being the 60k i was going to go for the service plan as that is only £460 for 2 services.

Brutus.

re: Pads I had the same issue with Guildford - collected car at 34k and at 40k service few moths later needed pads all round - too little material left to even leave garage with !!

Was told they wear quick when I challenged them so argued a discount but still miffed now - funny how the set they fitted has lastest for 32k so far without needing replacement !!

Pre-delivery inspection counts for nowt.