Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Twin Exit Zorst

Stu

Been thinking about it for a while, and depending on price etc. i would like to have a pair of Silent hi-power back boxes sticking out the back of the motor instead of just one.

So how much etc?

Stu

That idea has been in the pipeline (no pun intended ;) ) for some time

We would like to offer a system similar to what we did on The Monster, for the is200. You'll probably see me asking for a Guinea Pig soon ;)

There are plenty of alternative manufacturers that range in quality from rubbish to acceptable that do custom and one off's.

Is there really that much work involved in it then?

Didn't think it'd be that detailed initially, but now i realise just how much!

Does anyone know where Zee had his done?

Stu

ukazn alex had his done ages ago by powerflow. altho it did dent performance slightly. The ground clearance became non existant due to the cross over piece being at one of the lowest points of the car!

but they look great, sound great and definately get the look.

I know i'll have to make some mods to bumper etc. but loss of power/performance?

That i'm not so keen on!

But still the question i have is - can anyone give me a price, or even a ballpark figure?

Stu

look at spending at least £600 any less and your gonna get **** quality.

There is a company that Toyota owners club love and thats Haywards and (something may be heath) they are in essex and make great quality zorsts!

possibly some (up to 5-8bhp) possibly less than standard. the is200 is very reliant on a bit of back pressure. too big a pipe and you will lose that, thats why the hks ones are so good.

lots of R&d

So how much power am i likely to lose if i get this?

Stu

You should't lose anything. You should gain 5-6 hp if it is done with mandrel bends and a high flow collector. You will only lose power if you don't use decent mufflers and/or the pipework isn't done properly.

Right, now we all know i am a complete mechanical numpty, so lets have some reccomendations for where and who then!

Stu

We can do one similar to the Monster with HKS mufflers, mandrel bent pipework and high flow collector. It will be decent quaility and will do what it says on the tin.

Right, now we all know i am a complete mechanical numpty, so lets have some reccomendations for where and who then!

Stu

We can do one similar to the Monster with HKS mufflers, mandrel bent pipework and high flow collector. It will be decent quaility and will do what it says on the tin.

:question::question: £££$$££$£$£$ :question::question:

Could i get it with another HKS Silent HI-Power instead of the HiPer-Mufflers mark?

Stu

If you already have a Silent Hiper and you want another one to match, that shouldn't be a problem. The only info I can't furnish you with at this juncture is the price

One more point for this mark, if you do this, how long (if at all) will you require the car with you?

Only reason i ask is it's a long way to and from work on foot! (that and the missus might object to driving everywhere!)

Stu

when ukazn had his twin fited it lost a lot of instant power, was great at high speed but lacked the 4k rev cam kick in. but does sound and look sweet.

Two hks hipower silents and a custom zorst system, will look great but will cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

why not go for twin 3" zorsts for a more subtle classy looks.

when ukazn had his twin fited it lost a lot of instant power, was great at high speed but lacked the 4k rev cam kick in. but does sound and look sweet.

Two hks hipower silents and a custom zorst system, will look great but will cost ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

why not go for twin 3" zorsts for a more subtle classy looks.

not such thing as a 4k cam kick in, this is all to do with the Inlet tract change over point...its all to do with the dynamics, nothing to do with cams, as alot of people think

with the exhaust on the race car i gai9ned 4hp....at low rpm, and 5-6 at high, coupled with the TTE "special" ecu

Could i get it with another HKS Silent HI-Power instead of the HiPer-Mufflers mark?

Stu

If you already have a Silent Hiper and you want another one to match, that shouldn't be a problem. The only info I can't furnish you with at this juncture is the price

Mark, the HKS silent high power has that extra silencer bit, will it mirror on the other side of the car in fitment terms.. Also will an aftermarket ecu be required, as mat says his got a secret TTE on... This makes me think more and more on the ecu upgrade by the way, all I need now is convincing from you :driving:

Stu

Mark, the HKS silent high power has that extra silencer bit, will it mirror on the other side of the car in fitment terms.. Also will an aftermarket ecu be required, as mat says his got a secret TTE on... This makes me think more and more on the ecu upgrade by the way, all I need now is convincing from you :driving:

Steve, as it will be custom made we will do whatever is required.

An ecu uprgrade is not essential but is preferable, especially if other modifications have been done.