Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had The French Drooling...

Well guys,

Back from my sunny holidays en France. Whilst cruising up and down their (faster, quieter, speed camera free) motorways etc. I was staggered by the amount of Frenchy drivers stopping to take a good old rubber neck at the IS before moving on. :geek:

I didn't see a single one over there which makes me wonder if the marque is actually sold in France.

One thing I found surprising is how car unconcious most of them seem to be. Clapped out Pugs and knackered Citroen BX's are a very common sight, as was the odd Renault 4. The Brits tend to take much better care of their cars also. Doors frequently opening far too close to my pride and joys paint made me age about 60 years last week....

I didn't see a single one over there which makes me wonder if the marque is actually sold in France.

yes Lexus is sold in france but they dont tend to have thier own showroom - just a normal toyota garage with the 2 makes. most people will look as

1. its not a french car

2. its a car that they dont normally see( unless ur in a main city)

In France, we only have 1 Lexus dealer. The car can be puchased at any Toyota dealer but only a few have the parts catalogue to maintain them.

I hope you are educating them in the error of thier ways! :P :ph34r:

The real Lexus problem is that they don't sale Gazole cars :sick:

In france over 70 % of cars sold last year were gazole ones !

When i bought my Is 200, i've been told i was crazy to buy such a car.

In france, we used to buy french cars. Japanese cars are more and more sold because people start to understand they are better made .

Cheeky, Citroen BX's and Renault 4 are not common cars but i agree, in France, there are more old cars in France than in a lot of europeen countries ! Don't you see old Austin metro's or mini's in UK ? Renault 4 and citroen 2 CV are a part of our history ;)

Yes i agree to about Frenchies who don't respect anything. In france, a two years old car has o lot of knocks on the doors.

Mine comes from Luxembourg, is 4 years old and seems to be new !

Hope you enjoyed your holidays in France ......

Living in Ostend, Belgium I go over to France regularly for the nice downhills you can find (streetluger). The motorways are nice and people tend to drive fluently. I do get a lot of looks with my IS200. The Gendarmerie is fair and correct. They even let us luge down a nice hill parallel to the highway to Boulogne at Sortie 9, Wissant, which we regularly use to bomb with our luges and longboards. :winky:

Apart from this I wouldn't trust my car leaving it unattended for one night out because, I get the intention that most French people don't really car about their car, let alone understand a good paintjob when they see one. But that's just my opinion.

La France est superbe! J'adore le paysage, les gens, le vin, le fromage, le temps...should I continue or just shut the hell up :whistling:

:offtopic:This is a small first onboard luge capturing from Ive and (flashy hairy)me at the 1.3km hill at Wissant.

Greetz,

Is that on a public road?!!!

Oh yes it is... but actually it is only used by the occasional local or farmer. It's laying parallel and just next to the highway off Belgium to Boulogne.

We only were send away once by the Gendarmerie because we were like too many (20 longboarders and lugers) and not all of us looked so well equipped. :whistling: We use walkie-talkies to communicate traffic information.

But the actual run has like a chicane in the middle and that part isn't really in the small movie(quickly edited) yet.

We attain speeds of +90km/h on this hill. B)

It gives an enormous speedrush laying on your luge with your head 15cm above the ground, certainly when you get that feared speedwhobblethingy going on. :crying:

France is nice :excl:

Greetz,

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links