Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Help Required

Can anyone help ??

The ignition switch is not turning in my IS200 and also the remote locking has stopped working as well.

I cannot turn on car as well as I'm not able to lock it.

Anyone any ideas of what would be wrong these two problems happined at once so they must be related to the one thing..??

The only thing that I was diong at the time was changing my headlamp bulbs,everyting was wooking ok I turned on the car ti check the lights and then turned it of.I then went to open the boot with the remote and the boot would not open I then tried to lock the car and this is when I noticed the remote locking was not working.I then went to start car and this is when I found out the ignition was jammed ..

Anyone please have any ideas or can suggest anything I can check

Thanks

Nige

Colin all help is very much needed and no question is a stupid one..it is the right key and I also have a spare tried it and still no good.:confused:

franmac, yep got power .I also tried lucking the steering wheel with the key removed and the wheel just keeps turning.:confused:

The key will not turn in the ignition !!

Please keep any suggestions coming .

Thanks

Nige

Nige,

My mate had the same problem. There was power, but the car wasn't starting at all. RAC didn't have a clue what the problem was, .... he took it to Lexus, and they replaced his Ignition Main fuse.

That's why the car wasn't starting!

Hope that helps :-)

Ahmet

MetServeUK.was your mates car key also not turning in ignition switch as well mines is like the switch is frozen solid.( Not turn left not turn right )

Going away all day Sunday so will get a look at fuses later ..Do you know where this fuse is in the car ..?

Under bonnet of drivers foot well ?

Sorry for all the quetions but I'm bady stuck without car/

Thanks again

Nige

have a quick look in the workshop section mate, I have writen a few articles about the lock etc they will help U!!!

i had the same problem and its the ignition barrel - u will need to replace it.

Just gat back in from being away all day and have checked ignition and yes it is stuck in ACC position ,The clock was one and there was power in Radio..

Able the get it so there is no power to clock or radio but it is still sitting in ACC so I quess this is why remote is not workimg

Will try the wd40 tomorrow ..heres hopeing :unsure:

Cheers and thanks for now

Nige

Here's an update to the problem ..tried the wd40 and had no joy so I rang my local Lexus dealer and was told the car would have to come in for them to look at, now I desided to get the car in myself due to the fact it would cost a fortune for there tow.

Now here's a bit a advice if your car is out of warranty get a good reliable mechanic to do the job.

Lexus fitted a complete lock set the cost of which was £137.

But a cost of labour was £202

Total cost with vat £399 :yack:

When I got the car home whick by the way is 95 mile from my dealer,I put the car into my garage and as the headlights are set at auto they came on but NO DASH LIGHTS and no light around the ignition keys..So 400 pounds and half a job :yack:

Rant over

Thanks again to those replied

Cheers

Nige

u can get an ignition barrel for £80 that is matched to your existing key but that will take about 2 weeks.

dont see why u dont have dash lights as the only bit u disconnect is the light for the ignition and if its in the way an airbag wire.

i had the same problem ignition stuck in acc position but i used a hands on aproach i removed the console around the ignition removed light around barrel and gently taped the right hand side of the barrel with a hammer which released it it has not stuck since possably something to try before buying a new barrel

did you stick another key in the ignition?

someone did that here in aus and that bent/jammed/stuffed up all the pins inside the keyhole

assuming its a key of the same type - sorry mate i dont believe that for one second - it you put another key in of the same type it wont cause any damage to the barrel, it will only push the pins past the clearance line for the cylinder to rotate, it will NOT cause damage to the pins