Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not A Good Enough Deal For For An Rx300

Took my first drive in a RX300 SEL yesterday. Wow! I like it! Ifelt king of the road.

However, I am very disappointed at the deal offered. Effectively the dealer offered me £700 off the retail price. :angry: I thought they would do better

So I am may not be contributing to your esteemed owners list

You won't get much of a discount because there are plenty of people who are paying full price for them.

Have you tried any of the online brokers? Not sure what discount they are offering but a dealer will probably match them, or just order through the broker.

Wow! I like it! I felt king of the road.

And Kingship comes at a price!

The old supply and demand thing :unsure: Until the country is as awash with RXs as it is with M class and X5s then the discounts will stay high. And we don't really want that do we?

Ye pays yer money ye takes yer chance - the cost of exclusivity. B)

Had a very different experience at my dealer in Surrey. Went in armed with prices from drivedeal and got a £2,000 discount on my choice of RX300SE Navigators for delivery September 1.

OK my part ex price for my ML wasn;t what I hoped but we looked at CAP's black book and with the exception of the fact they were only offering me Average condition for my mint, 1 owner,low mileage ML they werespot on.

Ordered car with the option of selling ML privately in the mean time.

Couldn't be more impressed - especially compared to local Mercedes stealership. :D

Had a very different experience at my dealer in Surrey. Went in armed with prices from drivedeal and got a £2,000 discount on my choice of RX300SE Navigators for delivery September 1.

OK my part ex price for my ML wasn;t what I hoped but we looked at CAP's black book and with the exception of the fact they were only offering me Average condition for my mint, 1 owner,low mileage ML they werespot on.

Ordered car with the option of selling ML privately in the mean time.

Couldn't be more impressed - especially compared to local Mercedes stealership. :D

Thanks for the feedback. The dealer I visited said they have very small margins to play with and they are on 5% :blink:

I am considering a PCP deal and this dealer came up with figures of £50 per month more than another lexus dealer I phoned last week. It certainly pays to shop around. But it makes me wonder who is telling the truth.

Perhaps because it was my first visit and test drive, my local dealer wanted to play hard to get!

Right on javaboss, I've been told by a manager in the business that Lexus actually have one of the highest margins he'd seen but he didn't mention a figure.

Anyway, I got £1,500 off an SE without nav at the dealers.

Go for it.

Depressing though it is (having ordered my RX300 SE Navigator two weeks ago) but the discount price from Drivethedeal has dropped.

Current discount is £33,193 against list of £35,574 (incl paint) a discount of £2,381!

So get haggling.

Speejo