Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Virgin Needs Help

I am looking to buy a new Rx300SE but am having difficulty with the petrol usage problem. Can anyone tell me in plain english just how many miles I can get out of a tank with town & motorway use and a mixture of both and how much roughly to fill a tank??

Any help will be much appreciated and will help me in my decision!!! :huh:

Cheers, B.

[digs latest petrol receipt from wallet]

My usual fill up in a Mk2 is about £50, and for that you get about 250 miles. If you press 'info' on the nav and then 'trip information' it gives you avarage MPG since reset and distance left in tank. I always fill it once it is showing less than 20 miles and it takes about 60-65 litres. Therefore the reserve is about 10 litres, or 2 gallons, or 40 miles. Don't like playing Petrol Bingo so I have not filled more than 67 litres.

Does this help?

John

Have managed 31.5 mpg average for one tank full of super unleaded,range 400 miles commuting from Chester to Liverpool. 30 mile journey; 10 miles urban,20 miles motorway observing all speed limits ie 70 on cruise control. Only managed 29.8 using plain unleaded therefore higher octane seems to make a difference. Normal average around 25 mpg. Brilliant vehicle. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mark 1 with all the extras (including the weight of them!!!) I manage to get between 300 and 375 miles on a tank depending on how careful I drive and how much is on a motorway.

This is on standard Sainsburys Unleaded fuel.

Seems to be a sweet spot at about 60 and 85 for some strange reason?!?!?

Filling up is £50 plus at the moment due to the price going through the roof!!!

I tend to not like using the AirCon due to the charcoal smell so I guess this could make a difference as well.