Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blasted Speedo

HIYA GUYS

JUST HAD A SMALL EXPRESS NITROS SYSTEM FITTED TO MY IS200, NOW THE SPEEDO IS WELL OUT WHEN I PUT THE FOOT TO THE FLOOR. BORROWED A FRIENDS GPS SYSTEM WHICH TELLS YOU YOU EXACT SPEED AND WHEN IM DOING 105 MPH THE CAR STILL TELLS ME IM DOING 70 IT TAKES ABOUT 4 SECS FOR THE SPEEDO TO CATCH UP. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS.

THANX :driving:

TAHT WAS THE FIRST THING I DID, THEY ADVISED ME THAT THIS WAS BECAUSE THE CAR WASNT DESIGNED FOR THE INITAL BOOST. AND I WOULD NEED TO FORK OUT ON SPECIAL DIALS.

THIS IS SOMTHING THAT IS SLOWLY TURNING INTO A NIGHTMARE.

PLUS THE CAR BECOME VERY UNSTABILE WHEN THE VVTI KICKS IN AT LOWER GEARS. SHE WHEEL SPINS LIKE MAD ALL THE TIME. AT THIS RATE THE GOODYEARS WILL BE FINISHED.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP STEVEAUDIO

Dunno but I'd say they've make a ***** up here and they're trying to get out of it by offering you these special deals.

If they mess you about get trading standards in as I'd have said they've made modifications to your car which would mean it wasn't road-worthy.

can I ask what exact Nitrous kit you have and whether theres a link to the site containing the kit.

Also what jetting are you running on the stock IS engine and whether you are using a single straight shot or through a progressive controller?

How is the system activated? via a on/off pilot style switch?

Also how is the nitrous activated or when does it kick in, also does it add extra fuel too into the intake?

Have you any photo's of the install perhaps?

hey steveaudio. The system is an nitrous express, ill get you a link for the site as it is well known in the states.

the system is actived on a single straigh shot through a single tpas switch which sences the voltage from the throttle position sensor and acctivates the system accordingly.

as for the extra fuel being place into the air in take im not to sure.

ill hopfully get some pics at the weekend so you can have a look for yourself.

and the authorised UK dealers are

Nemesis Performance Essex U.K. 44-1206-273344 (a club sponsor)

Teeside Motor Factors Cleveland U.K. 44-64-2-23222

TTS Performance Northhampton U.K. 44-1604636363

maybe get in touch with one of these

brrrr...NOS.... :crybaby: still feels like that forbidden fruit to me... unless I could get reassured by someone who actually has it installed properly and working without putting to much strain on or damaging the engine. :nuke:

crusmissile have a look here

lexusis200 have a look here for the ONLY nitrous kit that the 3 of us that have nos recommend..

brrrr...NOS.... :crybaby: still feels like that forbidden fruit to me... unless I could get reassured by someone who actually has it installed properly and working without putting to much strain on or damaging the engine. :nuke:

or strain on the wallet....

What sort of premuim do people pay for having NOZ and how many have actually told their insurrance companies?

all of us with nos fitted have declared it to the insurance..

There are only a few insurers that will cover nitrous,, myself im with Adrian flux, who have done a deal with Highpower systems to cover there kits.

My whole kit (including controller) cost me 950 quid,, I installed it myself as it come with full instructions and the back up suppport on the end of the phone from highpower is second to none.

Steveaudio has also installed his own.

Dave ellen has his installed via Tdi.

All kits are running sweet..