Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had The Is300 Tweaked At Tdi Today...

Fargo

so i was at Tdi today,, had my S-AFCII installed, had the nitrous setup tuned all on the rolling road.... and im pleased with the results.. when the nos was flowing i was seeing nearly 100bhp at the flywheel, which resulted in a BHP of 219 at the wheels at 4000 RPM.. :D

so i was at Tdi today,, had my S-AFCII installed, had the nitrous setup tuned all on the rolling road.... and im pleased with the results.. when the nos was flowing i was seeing nearly 100bhp at the flywheel, which resulted in a BHP of 219 at the wheels at 4000 RPM.. :D

;) could you explain those figures a bit more

lol well errr,, the BHP figure at 4000 RPM was 219bhp at the wheels,, (meaning after any transmission loss)

the bhp increase that the nos added at the flywheel (before tranny loss) was nearly 100bhp..

that any clearer bazza.

yes,, it did indeed chris.. took simon an hour to do the install,, then there was another 3 hours setup on the dyno.. 18lbs of nos and had a bigger fuel thing for the fuel pulsoid fitted. lots of advise on how to improve some stuff.. couple of cups of tea for me and the missus.. and you know how much (for those that say tdi are expensive) 420 quid.. im happy

lol well errr,, the BHP figure at 4000 RPM was 219bhp at the wheels,, (meaning after any transmission loss)

the bhp increase that the nos added at the flywheel (before tranny loss) was nearly 100bhp..

that any clearer bazza.

:blink: so you are saying that at the flywheel without nos it was 100bhp less

what was the flywheel figures

whats the standard bhp ( 211 i think)

oooh i am all confused !!

why at 4000 rpm

yes,, it did indeed chris.. took simon an hour to do the install,, then there was another 3 hours setup on the dyno.. 18lbs of nos and had a bigger fuel thing for the fuel pulsoid fitted. lots of advise on how to improve some stuff.. couple of cups of tea for me and the missus.. and you know how much (for those that say tdi are expensive) 420 quid.. im happy

did mark get the biscuit tin out as well :whistling:

so you are saying that at the flywheel without nos it was 100bhp less when the nos was used it ADDED nearly 100 bhp at the FLYWHEEL

what was the flywheel figures

whats the standard bhp ( 211 i think) standard at the fly is 211, so plus the 100 gives approx 311 att he flywheel

oooh i am all confused !!

why at 4000 rpm seemed that due to problems with the is300 auto box and kickdown they coulnt get an acurate graph/readout as they needed to keep it in one gear throughout the rev range,, but my car lept dropping down when the pedal went down.. so the above observations are what Tony informed me..

BHP at the wheels without nos was 159,, then with nos is shot upto 219 at 4000 RPM, so there was a nitrous loss of approx 40 bhp from the fly to the wheels..

So unlucky steve im still wiping ya bum boy with or without nos..

What we did was to lean off the fuel mixture to the correct levels to improve power and economy, richen the fuel/nitrous mixture for safety and power, and reduce the nitrous delay to a more reasonable level as the previous setting was so slow that by the time the Nos was up to full delivery the reason for using it was all over.

A last minute scramble and a steaming hot dyno cell didn't allow us the luxury of doing a proper dyno run, and being auto it's difficult to get clean power runs. For comparison purposes we got 212 hp at the wheels at 4000rpm which is around 245 at the flywheel. Projecting the figures to peak rpm should show in excess of 300hp.

What we did was to lean off the fuel mixture to the correct levels to improve power and economy, richen the fuel/nitrous mixture for safety and power, and reduce the nitrous delay to a more reasonable level as the previous setting was so slow that by the time the Nos was up to full delivery the reason for using it was all over.

A last minute scramble and a steaming hot dyno cell didn't allow us the luxury of doing a proper dyno run, and being auto it's difficult to get clean power runs. For comparison purposes we got 212 hp at the wheels at 4000rpm which is around 245 at the flywheel. Projecting the figures to peak rpm should show in excess of 300hp.

there,, couldnt of explained that if i tried..

so mark,, the 212 horses at the wheel @4k rpm, that was with the nos right..

i had the minmax timer set for a 5 second build up,, this is now reduced to 3 seconds..

So dave,, next time you wont be on my tale as close. :P ah hbut actually i think not after your engine comes out of tdi

oh and boys i can recommend marks minicab service using simons luxury limo...

imagine,.. me and the missus went for food and a flick at the cinemas complex place,, at around 4.30ish i ring a cab,, nothing for an hour, ring another,, wont come cause of traffic,, ring mark for another cab number,, he says err think i got a spare car,, ill come pick you up.. great stuff i say.

So there i was expeting mark will be borrowing a customers car for a test drive/pick up thing.. perhaps the nice supra or scooby......when NOOO along he comes in this beaten up 1.7 cavalier.....

so mark,, the 212 horses at the wheel @4k rpm, that was with the nos right..

oh and boys i can recommend marks minicab service using simons luxury limo... NOOO along he comes in this beaten up 1.7 cavalier.....

Thats right - 100hp extra with the nos.

Surely there is no other type of cab that a beaten up Cavalier - still better than walking - just! ;)

****! so all in all the nos and power upgrades have cost £1500-£2000?

Pardon my ignorance but what is a S-AFCII ? :unsure:

yup mr sing thats right.. best value bang for your bucks.. lets look at the cost of a supercharger for the IS200,, 3k plus fitting,, for 50bhp at the flywheel i believe, certainly when i had the IS200 s/c it was dyno'd at 212 at the fly..

then look at the cost of a s/c or t/c for the is300, yeh there are more kits available but again your looking at 2500-3000 MIN for the gains i have acheived.

The S-AFCII is an Apexi air/fuel computer have a look here