Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Golf Tournament 2004

Claire G

With thanks to JMRussell for putting much thought and effort behind this!

Lexus Owner’s Club Golf Tournament 2004

Timetable

Group Matches - To be completed by 30th November 2004

Final stages – this will be dependent upon the number of groups whether we have an intermediary knock out before the final match.

Group Stages.

Each Group will comprise 6 teams. Each team will play each other team. Winning team at each match will be awarded 2 points, if tied 1 point each lost match 0. If a match can not be played for good reason then match to be decided on the toss of a coin. If one team consistently fails to arrange a match then that team will be deemed to have lost and the other team will be awarded the 2 points.

The team with the most points at the end of the Group stage will be deemed to Group winner. Should there be a tie then the tied teams must arrange a knock out match(es) during December 2004.

Group matches will be played at the convenience of each of the teams listed and at courses/times to suit them selves. Group matches will be better ball (see below) with two people playing for each team (I.e. a four ball match).

Better ball – each hole is played to see which team wins that hole and the team winning the most holes wins. The team that wins the hole is the team that the individual who wins the hole belongs to. Handicap – to encourage the casual golfer we will allow a maximum handicap for men of 28 and ladies 36. To calculate the handicap each person will play off on the day we will use 2/3 of the difference between the best player’s handicap (who will essentially play with no handicap) and each of the other players.

Example

Player handicap for this match

Fred 7 0

John 13 4 (13-7*2/3)

Henry 23 11 (23-7*2/3)

Sarah 31 16 (31-7*2/3)

To give as much flexibility as possible each team is responsible for making contact with other teams in the group and arranging matches and agreeing where each match will be played.

Teams

Teams must be a minimum of 4 people. Two people will play in each of the group round matches. The final round(s) will involve 4 people from each team playing. As the final will be on a specific date then it is recommended that a team comprises more than 4 people to allow for team members not being available for the date of the final – only team members who have played in the group stages will be eligible to play in the final round(s).

How will it work?

I would suggest that any member of LOC who is interested in making up team posts on the site to say they will get a team together with an approximate location in the country where the team is based. In order to get as many teams as possible I would suggest the captain (doesn’t need to play) be an LOC member but then the captain gathers a gang of friends/family/work colleagues to make up the team. If you intend to put a team up then please post to say so by 30th August 2005 – I can then work out the original groups so that you are as close together as possible for the group matches. Once the groups are posted it will be up to the team captains to contact one another in order to arrange their group matches; you have until 30th November to play all the other teams in your group. As you play your matches you will notify me of the results and we will keep the group tables up to date. The winning team from each group will then go on to the final stages – where/when/how this is operated will depend on numbers of groups we end up with.

If you are prepared to be a captain please post –

Your Team name

Your geographic location

A contact mechanism (probably best not via posting on the site but either pm, email telephone etc)

Best way to contact me is by jrussell@critchleys.co.uk I’ll put together one team and I’m based in Oxfordshire

What will it cost?

I suggest that each member of the team pays £10 plus £1 for each match they play in – the captain will be responsible for collecting this. The people playing in each of the matches will be responsible for any green fees as they go along – Look into the 2-Fore!-1 golf (I can get vouchers at £5.99 for four) offers.

Depending upon what money we raise from the group stages will depend upon what the final rounds cost – obviously free would be good but it will depend upon the prizes etc – but let us say at the moment it will be no more than the green fee and we’ll definitely get something worthwhile for the prizes.

Why not get someone to sponsor your team or how about some sponsors for the event? If people in the final wanted something more exotic and were prepared to pay about £100-£125 each I could possibly arrange something in Villamoura Portugal going out on say February 24th and returning on February 28th 2005.

Please register your interest below

Dodgy. North East my handicap is 12 :P if you believe that, you'll believe anything. Total novice, 28. Come on join in. If it stops raining I’ll be a laugh.

im jus starting to play golf this saturday. aint played a proper full game for 2 yrs, just sessions at the driving range.i can hit 175yds but then i only do half swing, aint progressed to full swing,never tried it.

never worked out my handicap either but i no its ****.

so this time nxt yr i'll have had some experience behind me and i'll enter nxt yr. if i play now i'll end up smashing the clubs like happy gilmore.

too whoever plays goodluck and should make an intersring thread

mitch

im jus starting to play golf this saturday. aint played a proper full game for 2 yrs, just sessions at the driving range.i can hit 175yds but then i only do half swing, aint progressed to full swing,never tried it.

never worked out my handicap either but i no its ****.

so this time nxt yr i'll have had some experience behind me and i'll enter nxt yr. if i play now i'll end up smashing the clubs like happy gilmore.

too whoever plays goodluck and should make an intersring thread

mitch

Don't be put off the formula is designed for people who only play occassionally - I only play about 4 times a year. Team up with someone who's OK and the system works in your favour. The best teams are made up of some good golfers and some, lets say, less good.