Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk 6.5kg Flywheel

Dave-Ellen

OK,

Collected SteveAudioX's flywheel today and some more pics below.

Unlike the JUN & TRD flywheels this is made from hi grade aluminium so will not get as hot as the aforementioned items.

They are available on an exchange basis & come with 12 month warranty

Cost £350 inc VAT plus postage & £200 refundable deposit

Prolex flywheel

rear of flywheel

close up of the front

close up of the rear

Dave,

Have I read this right ?

£550 quid, plus postage......... but get £200 qiud back when you recieve the old flywheel ??? ;)

What clutches can you get Dave, mines given up !

Hi

yup you've read right

I've got 3 uprated helix clutches due to arrive any day (got one in my car lighter than std)

all three bits come to about £300 plus P&P (will check for deffo if you are interested ...PM pleeeze)

Got a flywheel ready to go as well !

Dave

Dave,

Have I read this right ?

£550 quid, plus postage......... but get £200 qiud back when you recieve the old flywheel ???  ;)

Hi

yup you've read right

I've got 3 uprated helix clutches due to arrive any day (got one in my car lighter than std)

all three bits come to about £300 plus P&P (will check for deffo if you are interested ...PM pleeeze)

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave.

I wasn't aware that Helix made a clutch that would take "big power".

At the moment mine doesn't spin the wheels at all, even dumping the clutch at high rev's. I just get alot of clutch smoke and that distinctive clutch burning smell.

Not sure about Helix, I would have prefered something well tested in the modding world, like HKS etc...

If it's alright with you, I'll let you know about the flywheel once I've found a clutch, as I don't want to have to remove my flywheel until I have everything.

Cheers,

DUNCAN.

Dave,

Have I read this right ?

£550 quid, plus postage......... but get £200 qiud back when you recieve the old flywheel ???   ;)

Hi

yup you've read right

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave.

I wasn't aware that Helix made a clutch that would take "big power".

At the moment mine doesn't spin the wheels at all, even dumping the clutch at high rev's. I just get alot of clutch smoke and that distinctive clutch burning smell.

Not sure about Helix, I would have prefered something well tested in the modding world, like HKS etc...

If it's alright with you, I'll let you know about the flywheel once I've found a clutch, as I don't want to have to remove my flywheel until I have everything.

Cheers,

DUNCAN.

Duncan,

The Helix is up rated.......check out the website i'll send details if you want.

Its what I've got in mine and I asked for an uprated one from TDi after I burnt mine out :blush: think its what Mark always uses (for the IS)

• 3 weeks later...

Prolex lightweight flywheel finally fitted.

Report so far...

Can't drive the car, need to get use to it, it's now got such a positive "pull of jerky" when changing through gears, feels much more pokie I must say.

Oh, and it sure is a lot lighter, could'nt belive how heavy the oem one was when removed!...

Also fitted the Helix paddle clutch, report to follow later.

• 4 weeks later...
Got used to it now...

After changing gear and clutch pedal released the car feels much more responsive, from standstill in first took some getting used to, but think I've mastered it now. :winky:

So, after a few weeks.. what do you say now.

Do you like it? Never will go back for OEM?

What about the fun factor? Or will it decrease driving comfort?

How does the car drive if fully loaded with passengers?

Ask DUNCAN, he has worn his in...

I on the other hand have to make allowances, for when Judy drives the ccar, she finds it difficult.

I did find that the Lightweight fly wheel amplified the clutch judder, which we were not overly too pleased with, BUT, thats the charactoristic of the 4 pad paddle clutch.

I have spoken to loads of technical people on this, what I have decided to do ad try next, is the HELIX direct organic oem clutch, not 4 paddle and retain the light weight fly to try..

Will let you know the results the the clutch is in from TDi.