Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tinting Windows

trevC

Hi all

I'm considering tinting the Front windows on my IS200 Sport to match the standard tint on the Rears. Is this % tint legal on the front? Or how close can I go?

Has anyone got any pics of having had this done? (Mines a blue Y-reg)

Lastly, any GOOD places to go to have tinting done in the Dorset area? Dont mind travelling to Southampton etc.

Thanks!

Nice! I'd already asked at my local Lexus dealer (Poole), and was told they couldnt tint the front windows on it due to legal reasons?!?

I found a little hard to believe as the rears aren't a really dark tint anyway, so can't be that much of a big % tint?

Thanks, will check with them again!

It is sadly against the law to have your front windows tinted, though from what I've seen its a lot down to the place where you take it to, to if they will do it or not.

I had all my windows tinted (Rear windows limo tint then fading out towards the front)

I was told to take the windscreen tint off at the place I work due to security reasons. But apart from that nothings been said by the plod.

Get it done, you'd be VERY unlucky to have to take it all off

Can have light tint on front side ones but must have 70% light transmitted (I think - theres a thread somewhere with the precise figure). So 30% tint including very light tint already in glass. Light tint film at place I went was still too dark so couldn't legally have them done.

Ok, only looking to have the side ones done not the windscreen. I guess its just a matter of finding somewhere local that can do it well then.

Its a shame not all Lexus dealers will do the front side ones, as thats my preferred option obviously! Unless anyone knows of one in the South that will?

Ta!

Tinting the windscreen is a definate no no,the chances of being pulled over in a Lex is virtually zero the law is aimed more at the Nova brigade,the front on mine are a 35%....ilegall yes ;) but,not been pulled over yet :ph34r: and she sailed through the M.O.T last week !!!

As for someone down your way,PM admin (Steve) as hes down your way and might know somewhere.

Edited by Scorpion

Hi all

I'm considering tinting the Front windows on my IS200 Sport to match the standard tint on the Rears. Is this % tint legal on the front? Or how close can I go?

Has anyone got any pics of having had this done? (Mines a blue Y-reg)

Lastly, any GOOD places to go to have tinting done in the Dorset area? Dont mind travelling to Southampton etc.

Thanks!

In the same boat mate.

I'm in Ferndown by the way.

The best place i've found is Sentry Screen - they're in the yellow pages.

He said he'd do the front pair for £50 cash.

I ended up drinking the money i'd put aside.

I've seen his work, its very good.

What ever you do, don't go to HF Tints

Thanks for the tip. What % were Sentry going to do? Does 30% match the rears, or 35%?

Must do soon before I also drink the cash, haha, too much on in bournemouth in the summer :)

I'm not too sure, but i think it was 35%.

The guy just said he'd recently done the same for his brother in law's IS200.

I think he wanted £65 or £50 cash.

I'll have to keep my eye out for you, you'll know when you've seen me, i'll most probably be traveling in a sideways direction :D

Just popped round to Sentry, only round the corner from work! :)

The rears he reckons are 65% or 80% tint, and the legal limit for the fronts would be 30%. He could tint 30/50/65 or 80 at the front, but with varying degrees of my risk driving it on the road illegally.

I've booked it in for 50% at the fronts.

Will keep my eye out for you, I'll be the blue one pulled over by dorset feds - being nagged about tinted windows! :D

the legal limit is 30% for the front side windows, I was informed by a fellow

copper friend that they can make you remove it, also fine. It was brought in due toto many accidents occuring with cars with tints on the front side windows. There was one not long back when a motorcyclist was killed when the car driver did not see him. His windows were blacked out..

Pentagon tint windows. www.pentagonglasstech.com

They quoted me 350+vat to do rear screen and side front and rear.

Where did you get yours done scorp????

My mate did mine....its his business!!!

You have a lot of useful friends! ;)

If you ever want to borrow my car for a week or two and vist them all feel free!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Where did you get yours done scorp????

My mate did mine....its his business!!!

You have a lot of useful friends! ;)

If you ever want to borrow my car for a week or two and vist them all feel free!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

No prob send it over :winky:

:lol::lol: B) :P you might as well borrow mine aswell seen as you are offering :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been given a quote £160 that's for the rear windscreen and both rear passenger doors. He then quoted me £40 each for the front passenger doors, advising me only to take a very light tint on the front doors. Anything too dark and I'd ruin the look of the car.

I've been given a quote £160 that's for the rear windscreen and both rear passenger doors. He then quoted me £40 each for the front passenger doors, advising me only to take a very light tint on the front doors. Anything too dark and I'd ruin the look of the car.

;) where was that?

Ruin the look of the car?

How you gonna pass for a gangster with out tints?

I've been given a quote £160 that's for the rear windscreen and both rear passenger doors. He then quoted me £40 each for the front passenger doors, advising me only to take a very light tint on the front doors.  Anything too dark and I'd ruin the look of the car.

;) where was that?

i was £20 out it was £180 for the rear windows/doors then £40 for the fronts....... still a good price

check out the link

Tints

the place is in Washington Tyne & Wear

I've been given a quote £160 that's for the rear windscreen and both rear passenger doors. He then quoted me £40 each for the front passenger doors, advising me only to take a very light tint on the front doors.  Anything too dark and I'd ruin the look of the car.

Ruin the look of the car?

How you gonna pass for a gangster with out tints?

:winky: Big pimping Baby!! :D :D