Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Philips Blue Vision

trevC

Am I correct in thinking the Philips Blue Vision bulbs I need, to upgrade the IS200 Sport, are:

Low beam - 9006

High beam - 9005 (HB3)

I read somewhere I needed the Philips HID D2R Capsule for the Low beams? They seem a lot (!) more expensive!?

Thanks all, lovin' Lexus :)

I was looking for some decent bulbs for ages. Searched on eBay for ages and eventually got some. All I can say is that they were more trouble then they're worth! I guess I was a fool cos i forgot the old saying... "you get what you pay for"!!!!! In the end I decided to spend a little bit more and get some decent Philips Blue Vision bulbs. Again searched for ages but eventually found a site called powerbulbs (www.powerbulbs.co.uk) who offered them for a decent price, also chucked in some nice sidelights and didn't charge me for the postage. Came next day, jobs a good 'un! Word of warning - stay clear of the crap on eBay!

Hi,

For a lot less money you can modify the 9005 high-beam 65 watt bulbs to fit in the dipped beam 9006 fitting, gives you about 50% more light, about halfway between standard and HID.

I've put some comparison photos on the Euro LOC: link

No need to understand the German, the pics speak for themselves.

This link explains how to do it.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Guess so - to be honest i'm very happy with the Blue Vision and would prefer to stick to OE quality bulbs that are unmodified. But that's just me! Either way i'd still recommend the Blue Vision to anyone who's sick to death of not being able to see much of the road when driving at night!