Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte / Remus

trevC

Hi. I know Lexus have a TTE backbox on their standard parts list, appears to sell for £280 ish plus VAT and fitting.

Are TTE and Remus one and the same? Only I can get what appears to be the same backbox specifically for the IS200, branded Remus, via a mate who manages a local performance parts store. Cost is significantly cheaper (well £80-£100 inc VAT), and no fitting charge to me!

But is it likely to be the same as the TTE one? Which is the one I want.

Thanks all, loving the Lexus :)

yes, the TTE one is based on the Remus, the tail finish is different, as the remus has lots of holes surrounding the exit...

If you look in the IS200 folder, there is an exhaust guide.. you may find it useful

Hi. Sorry just to clarify sommit :) I am not offered the Remus for £100. I meant if I have it done at my mate's shop - I will save £80-£100 over going to Lexus and getting the TTE version.

Wondering if the Remus version is the "TURBO DESIGN" listed on this page : http://www.remus-racing.com/car.jpg (3rd row, 2nd from left)

Sounds like a bargin? it cant be just cosmetic difference between the two can it??

Remus make both, the TTE one just has a different tip. The Remus one doesn't normally sell at £100, retail is about £280.

Yep, checked the site, said €420ish plus vat & p+p....

Any chance of a group buy :whistling:

Are these loud? :duh: any perfomance gains?

Hi.  Sorry just to clarify sommit :)  I am not offered the Remus for £100.  I meant if I have it done at my mate's shop - I will save £80-£100 over going to Lexus and getting the TTE version.

:shutit: :duh: Thought it was too good to be true

Heres the pic

80TD.jpg

I disagree about the Remus being crap, I had one on my Impreza coupled to the Magnex downpipe & centre. I had no problems with it from a quality point of view, it made a satisfying rumble when required, but didn't wake half the town if I returned home from a friends place at 2 in the morning. I like to hear the car when I'm pushing it, not all the time. As for performance gain, perhaps there is none on the IS, I'm not in a position to comment.. but on the Impreza I gained 30bhp with the combination of the Induction kit & exhaust system. Admittedly the fact that the twindump down pipe & mid section were decatted made the difference, but the Remus obviously did not restrict it by much, if at all, suggesting the flow through it was fairly good.

On turbo cars the exhaust backpressure helps maintain the boost level. Removing something like the precats may well make the boost pressure increase slightly which is where the extra bhp comes from rather than just from the exhaust.

A back box on a NA car wouldn't normally give you more than 5 bhp (unless the stock one was complete rubbish), and something that hasn't had good R&D may well reduce power.

I disagree about the Remus being crap, I had one on my Impreza coupled to the Magnex downpipe & centre. I had no problems with it from a quality point of view, it made a satisfying rumble when required, but didn't wake half the town if I returned home from a friends place at 2 in the morning. I like to hear the car when I'm pushing it, not all the time. As for performance gain, perhaps there is none on the IS, I'm not in a position to comment.. but on the Impreza I gained 30bhp with the combination of the Induction kit & exhaust system. Admittedly the fact that the twindump down pipe & mid section were decatted made the difference, but the Remus obviously did not restrict it by much, if at all, suggesting the flow through it was fairly good.

i disagree also, i had one on my old mazda, & no probs.but i agree yes bit on the quiet side as for no noticeable performance gains i felt the car bit more responsive & bit more thirsty but just little bit. if no noticeable performance gains & other exhausts does? quality wise ok i thought but heard is bit heavier than some other exhausts. if TTe ones is just rebadged does this mean TTE ones are not good........

. if TTe ones is just rebadged does this mean TTE ones are not good........

That is correct.........

For your infomation:

the Coming about of the Remus system was due to TTE , they asked for a back box, that was based on an already available design, and that would fit the rear TTE skirt, remus came up with that.........which TTE said that remus could sell but it had to look different to the TTE box.Remus welded a ring with holes in it.

so.to recap, the exhaust is no more free flowing than the Std system (which has reasonable flow caracturistics), its incarnation was as a "bling" system for the TTE rear skirt

Theres always the new Prolex-UK zorst,,,,,HKS hiper style.........first one being sent over next week for evaluation on my car :winky:

will retail @£275 inc VAT...........304 guage s/steel and a nice deep throaty sound....

I think that would be my first join in with a "group buy", Dave ;)

Theres always the new Prolex-UK zorst,,,,,HKS hiper style.........first one being sent over next week for evaluation on my car  :winky:

will retail @£275 inc VAT...........304 guage s/steel and a nice deep throaty sound....

I think that would be my first join in with a "group buy", Dave ;)

I'm sure I'll find an excuse to show it off for you Colin !

Getting a tad excited...............worried as well as I've got to get 50 of them :sick: if they dont sell may have 6 poking out of tha back of my IS :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Sebring exhaust.... which is the same than the TTE ans the Remus.

There is no big difference about noise.... The difference is small but nice.

The is no horsepower gains but the is a great difference under 3500rpm. The engine has more Nm.

the reference number : http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200406/p...883__small_.jpg

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200406/p...885__small_.jpg

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200406/p...888__small_.jpg

http://www.forum-auto.com/uploads/200408/p...is__custom_.jpg