Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Turbo Groove Rotors

stephenc

I have been Using EBC turbo Rotors and Green Stuff pads on my car for over a year now,

:Good Points, Next to no brake dust, Look quite funky.

:Bad Points, Quite noisy, you can hear the grooves clicking on the pads while normal driving, take some warming up on very cold days.

braking power doesnt seem to be any better than the original discs and pads but the lack of brake dust sealed the deal for me.

I have been Using EBC turbo Rotors and Green Stuff pads on my car for over a year now,

:Good Points, Next to no brake dust, Look quite funky.

:Bad Points, Quite noisy, you can hear the grooves clicking on the pads while normal driving, take some warming up on very cold days.

braking power doesnt seem to be any better than the original discs and pads but the lack of brake dust sealed the deal for me.

The brake dust (or lack of it) is definately good with the Greenstuff. Just thought if I replaces the rotors, then it would be preferable to use the same make as the pads.

I assume you can hear the 'clicks' only when driving with the window down? And you can still hear them over your exhaust? :ohmy:

I can really only hear the clicks with the windows down and if i drive by something that can reflect the sound back, like a wall or van, and i can only hear them if im not accelerating hehe

I previously had this combination Stephen - and warped the discs pretty quickly..... I don't think much of the discs really - and as Brett says, they make a noise too...

Zee, what rotors are you using now? Don't all slotted rotors generate some noise due to the slots?