Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels Bodged On By Wheel Firm!

S8 WHT

Got some new alloys for my sc430 yesterday,south coast wheels in southampton.

Paid for them then they sent me round their tyre fitters down the road,the morons fitted them wrong.....the spiggot insert was too small(caused terrible vibartion cause of wheel movement).........wrapped electrical tape round wheel spiggot to fix!!..........removed two of my tyre preesure sensors from the wheels(light flashes and the car has been set into some sort of limp mode by the computer) it keeps braking itself whilst driving.

What the hell are they doing be allowed to do work like this?

Im on the phone first thing monday morning to get this sorted out.

Surely by law they have to now replace the two sensors and fit the correct spiggots for me.....its a fifty grand car for christs sake and not a 50 quid nova.

Where do i stand legally?

They idiots who fitted them didnt seem to worry that the sensors were broken either,they said the had trouble getting them off and had to break them,they fitted normal metal valves instead....will my computer in the car need setting when the new ones go back on?

How much are the sensors?

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciatted.

Sean

I wonder if it is the same company that owns castle wheels... they have a place in southampton and I recognise the name

I to had spiggot problems and bathwick tyres using made up spiggots!

If they did the damage then they should repair!

• 9 months later...

I work for a company that manufacturers kit to help set up new cars on the production line.

And its interesting to see that the manufacturers are giving the tmp life spans as 10 years or in milage.

the tmp can detect acceleration and once it gets to about 20Km wakes up and starts sending information.

Tire shops are gonna hate the fact that they can't make a easy profit from changing the valves as they normally do when a wheel goes in for changing.

It tells me they had never seen a car with a tmp in and just treated it as a standard tire

• 1 month later...