Lexus News

Lexus Luxury and Equipment

High specification package included in price

Air conditioning and in-dash type audio system with 6-disc CD

changer standard

Pop-up navigation system available as option

Optional sports package

Extension of rust guarantee period

The Lexus philosophy is that a car should come fully equipped with few extra- cost options and IS200 is no exception.

Seats in the Lexus IS200 are designed to offer maximum driver and passenger comfort for long distance touring yet also provide plenty of support during performance driving. Dual-hardness foam is used in the seat cushion with a softer base cushion which is comfortable and flexible for easy entry and exit.

The sports seats are fully adjustable to achieve the best possible driving position and are finished, as standard equipment, in a hard wearing Chenille yarn. There is an optional leather and suede-like covering and an eight-way multi-adjustable power driver's seat is also available with the leather option.

A sports gear bag, or ski-hatch, installed in the rear centre armrest is available as an option and enables the storage of long objects such as skis or fishing rods.

I know in the Republic of Ireland the base model IS200 is called the IS200 Chenille. Then there is the IS200 Executive and Sport.

As Steve has pointed out it is the type of fabric used in the seats of the IS200 S in the UK.

Basically the 'IS200 S' model, or after Aug 2001 the 'IS200'

The sports seats are fully adjustable to achieve the best possible driving position and are finished, as standard equipment, in a hard wearing Chenille yarn. There is an optional leather and suede-like covering and an eight-way multi-adjustable power driver's seat is also available with the leather option.

Why do they always claim the seats are 8-way adjustable? 8-way is only available on the LS

Why do they always claim the seats are 8-way adjustable? 8-way is only available on the LS

Colin,

I guess the 8 way adjustment is determined by :

Whole seat moves backwards/forwards (2 ways)

Backrest moves backwards/forwards (2 ways)

The front of the seat base adjusts up/down (2 ways)

The back of the seat base adjusts up/down (2 ways)

That's how it works in the IS, but I've never been in an LS to compare!

No each one of those is 1 movement. You also have the headrest up and down and the headrest tilt. That gives you 6 ways.

The GS has lumber which is therefore 7 way

The LS has leg support reach (base of the seat can be extended) which is the full 8 way.

If you look here you can see the 8 ways. The IS isn't included but the GS is and that doesn't have 8 way!

http://www.lexus.co.uk/technology.php?page...o&area=comfort#

Ah-ha, thanks Colin - I got the wrong exchange rate between "movements" and "ways" and completely overlooked the headrest movements!

Having seen numerous posts from you before, I did think it odd that I could answer a Lexus related query where you were apparently stumped. Glad I did tho, 'cos I'm better informed now! Cheers!

As Gavin G stated, there are three models available here up to 2004

1 IS200 Chenille (base model)

2 IS200 Executive

3 IS200 Sport

This year they added the IS200 SE (special edition),

the same as available in the UK.

so now you're clear Steve.

franmac.

I have a Chenille (Rep of Ireland base model). :D

When I rang my broker to arrange the insurance cover they told me they would not insure the Chenille in the same insurance group scheme I have been in for years............ yet they WOULD insure the S, the Sport and the SE (Executive) :huh:

It took many weeks of emails and angry :angry: phone calls between me, the broker, the insurer (Allianz) and Lexus ireland to convince them that the Chenille over here is the base model or S model. The explanation I was given for the confusion was that the insurer was working from a UK derived database of car specs and the Chenille was spec'd differently in the UK than Ireland.............??? :question::question::question::question:

I'm still none the wiser, just know I'm insured and I love the car! :driving: