Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halifax Online

billybandit

be careful if you use halifax online, as there is a dodgy log on screen in operation. it looks exactly like the proper one. my brother has just been had by it, he has rung the halifax to get them to check his account. it was ok but they said over 40000 people have been had by it :ohmy: .

Is that the mail doing the rounds Andy?

I get about 4 week from different 'banks', it's a clever way of getting someone to enter their username and password so someone can nick all your money.

I've also recently seen Lloyds & MBNA versions doing the rounds.

I just spend mine quick so no bugger else can nick it :P

I get messages from my bank when I log on to report or email them with details if you get anything. I bank with CAHOOT and they are pretty switched on, they even gave me a 24/7 phone number dedicated to this sort of thing.

It just goes to show though, just how secure the secure servers are? It makes you think twice sometimes aboout using your credit cards to buy something or even just to check your balances.

I get messages from my bank when I log on to report or email them with details if you get anything. I bank with CAHOOT and they are pretty switched on, they even gave me a 24/7 phone number dedicated to this sort of thing.

It just goes to show though, just how secure the secure servers are? It makes you think twice sometimes aboout using your credit cards to buy something or even just to check your balances.

i've got an account with cahoot as well, no complaints or concerns in the last few years.

i do keep getting dodgy eBay emails tho!

Is that the mail doing the rounds Andy?

No mate, what they did was copy the sign on screen. so when you thought you were typing your details in to the boxes to log on. you were infact just typing on a fake screen that looked like the proper one. so they could pinch you log on details

:tsktsk: