Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Non-lexus Parts

eXOBeX

Did you remember to ask for 15% discount? With the 15% discount, good exchange rate and their low prices anyway, I have found even after shipping and VAT and duty that I'm still getting stuff way cheaper than UK prices.

I didn't ask for discount but did mention Lexus Owners Club. According to the invoice, price I paid was 10% below list.

Hold on! Why doesn't Toyota buy their parts from one of these cheap suppliers? They could even get a discount for volume purchases. Toyota parts have never been expensive, though Lexus parts are.

The answer has to be that the cheap parts are not up to scratch.

The parts I received were genuine Toyota/Lexus parts.

Toyota dealers have a lot on their plate when it comes to sales/servicing targets, etc. Hit a target, you'll be fine. Miss it, the target'll go up next year, making it even harder to hit.

If you've got to mess about getting bits from the states, it may hold you up and make you miss your target. Easier to just grab the parts locally.

I'll be passing Sewell's details on to the local Toyota dealer, so at least they've got a choice when doing work on the other Lexus vehicles in the area.

Incidentally, if you get your ball joints changed, GET YOUR WHEELS ALIGNED AT THE SAME TIME! I managed to get the joints done, but I needed the car for the weekend and the garage hadn't had a chance to do the alignment. Result: a weekend of rollerskate-like handling and the outer edge of two tyres worn down to the nylon cord!

• 2 weeks later...

1st post here, so p[lease be nice!... :yawn:

Sorry to just drop on you all, but I am after a set of Top arms for my 97P GS300 sport, and found this post.....

As you have ordered from the states, what is the best way to go about this??

Dealers round here want stupid money!...

Thanks.

Tom :blush:

Did you remember to ask for 15% discount? With the 15% discount, good exchange rate and their low prices anyway, I have found even after shipping and VAT and duty that I'm still getting stuff way cheaper than UK prices.

My upper control arms worked out at under 200 each fully inclusive, and here they are closer to 350 each.

only gold members get that discount ;)

Look up the list, you'll find Darrel's telephone number. Ring after about 5pm BST / 4pm GMT and you ought to catch him first thing in the morning.

Mention that you got his number from the Lexus Owners Club website, he may sling a discount in anyway.

You'll probably want to keep your VIN number handy in case he needs it.

Got a price? Happy to order? Tell him you'll e-mail all the details over to him (it's easier than doing it over the phone) and fire off a suitable e-mail.

Mine was along the lines of:-

As per our discussion a few minutes ago, here are the details:-

Parts required: left-hand and right-hand front lower ball joints, $58

each plus shipping

Vehicle: Lexus GS300 right-hand drive UK spec, registered August 1995

VIN: JT153JSE7 0010****

Almost everywhere I've looked on the Internet the ball joints seem to be

listed twice, one for Jan 1993-July 1995, the other for August 1995-July

See

http://www2.maximumautoparts.com/parts/par...part=Ball+Joint

for example.

Anyway, you're a Lexus dealer, they aren't, so what do they know!  The

EPC knows all!

Billing/cardholder details:-

Name: ****

Address:-

Powys LD* ***

United Kingdom

Tel. +44 1*** ******

Delivery details:-

Powys LD* ***

United Kingdom

Tel. +44 1*** ******

Card details:-

Holder's Name: Mr * * ****

Card type: Visa

Number: 4493 **** **** ****

Verification number: ***

Valid from: **/**

Valid to: **/**

If there's a problem with delivering to the non-cardholder's address,

deliver to the cardholders address anyway and let me know.

Thanks very much for your assistance, I'm sure the recommendation at

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=16169& was

well deserved!

If you want them fitted properly, you may wish to take the car to a Toyota dealer. They won't be snotty because you sourced your own parts (they've got to go round the houses to get them, too!) and don't forget to get your alignment done at the same time - it's cheaper than a new pair of tyres!

• 6 years later...

All parts ordered from the US compatible with the UK versions?

I have an RX400H and I need to get rear brake caliper set. Its about £300 a pop in the UK and I need 2 and thats without labour.

Any help much appreciated

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links