Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

At Last!

tdiplc

Some of you guys may be interested to know that we have been appointed the UK representatives of Rototest dynamomters, and our new machine will be here in 3 weeks.

The Rototest is generally known to be the best in the world, and is the weapon of choice for serious players like Cosworth, Daimler, Chrysler, Renault, VW etc etc.

We have just splashed out £110k plus vat to buy it, but having tried a cheaper version made in NZ that didn't give us what we need, there was no other choice :o

Our machine is rated to around 1600hp at the hubs but is being uprated to 2200hp at the hubs in the new year.

Please take a look at http://www.rototest.com/products/index.htm

Funny you should post this mark. was talking to TTE reference there Dyno, they was going for a Rototest, but in the end decided on a conventional one, due to the Labour intensive set up procedure for these type ones (Dynopack/rototest)

Funny you should post this mark. was talking to TTE reference there Dyno, they was going for a Rototest, but in the end decided on a conventional one, due to the Labour intensive set up procedure for these type ones (Dynopack/rototest)

I am very surprised about that Mat.

Our initial reaction was that additional time spent on the set up would outweigh the benefits, but in reality the set up time is less than conventional rollers because of the aggravation that is encountered trying to get traction on powerful cars, and the errors and distortions that are resultant.

I would have thought that an emminant company like TTE would have been much better off with Rototest as it is a proper scientific piece of kit with 100% accuracy and repeatability.