Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As you probably know the Series I GS carries its model badge on the rear in the centre between the lights (below the 'L' badge), where as all new models have the 'Lexus', 'L' then 'model number' in line with each other from left to right at the top of the boot.

Over time I think the lack of the model badge in line with the others looks odd, so I'd like to remove the 'Lexus' badge and be left with the 'L' and 'GS300' underneath it. I think this will look nicer and will enhance the symmetry of the rear end.

The Lexus badge looks like it's stuck on with an adhesive pad, has anyone successfully removed this before without damaging the paintwork? If so, what advice/tips can you give me?

I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks for the tips Colin.

I am not sure but i remember someone saying that they have the prongs that go into the bodywork so might leave you with holes.would be interested to know as i would like to debadge mine

I have heard this too, I will find out for sure before I do anything, but if needs be I'll see about getting the holes filled.

I've seen some IS200s without the 'Lexus' and 'IS200' badges on the back, so just the 'L' badge in the middle. I don't know if this is a factory option or not as badge removal is with some manufacturers.

the lexus (word) does have two pins that will leave two holes in your boot .. i started to do mine with a hair dryer and thin fishing line and it was not to long b4 i hit the pins from each end...

Thanks for the information. Did you continue to remove the badge or leave it on? If you removed it, how did you fill the holes?

I've just come back from a course near Donnington and on the way back got behind a black Mk1 Sport. I kept thinking how good they looked but felt there was also something different. I've just realised what it was.

The car only had the GS300 between the lights, the rest was debadged and it did give it a different look and better look.

I've just come back from a course near Donnington and on the way back got behind a black Mk1 Sport. I kept thinking how good they looked but felt there was also something different. I've just realised what it was.

The car only had the GS300 between the lights, the rest was debadged and it did give it a different look and better look.

I must find somewhere that can fill the holes for me.

I've never de-badged a car before and I want to leave the 'L' badge in the middle.