Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Addind Sat Nav?

iains

it is not possible to add the factory sat nav afterwards - the wiring looms are different, unless u would want to start splicing in new parts :unsure:

quite a few people just use a pocket pc with Tomtom software.

wow, thx for the advise chaps, i might consider one of these as well! :D

btw, is it easy to attach one of these tomtom gos onto the dash of the is where the sat nav would normally go?

and can i use with with my hands free phone?

i also dont have sat nav, but im not to worried!

just wanted to know if the fold up tv from the original sat nav system can work with say a dvd player or a playstation2?

has anyone done this or know of someone who has?

thanks

J

I've just bought a "TomTom Go" for my wife (my IS has SatNav). Very impressed with it so far. Up to date maps (2004), and a simple all-in-one implementation. 5 mins after opening the box we were up and running. Much better than the PDA solution we used to have.

Cheers

Phil

I've just bought a "TomTom Go" for my wife (my IS has SatNav).  Very impressed with it so far.  Up to date maps (2004), and a simple all-in-one implementation.  5 mins after opening the box we were up and running.  Much better than the PDA solution we used to have.

Cheers

Phil

pobrown, Im thinking of buying the TomTomGo solution, but I have one worry.

Will it work ok on my IS dash as I have read that signals are not that strong behind certain windscreens.

Would you do me a big favour and let me know if it works ok in your IS before I go out and buy.

Cheers.

Worked fine in my IS yesterday, when we used it for the first time (just to test). I used the enclosed suction cup to stick the mounting arm to the windscreen. The Tom Tom unit ending being located just above my normal SatNav screen, and during the 10 mile journey theSatnav signal was always 4-5 bars (max is 5).

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...