Sign in to follow this  
iains

Addind Sat Nav?

I got my IS200 on a good deal as the dealer had it "in stock". Unfortunately it does not have Sat Nav.

Is it possible to add afterwards? Or can anyone recommend a better system for aftermarket use?

it is not possible to add the factory sat nav afterwards - the wiring looms are different, unless u would want to start splicing in new parts :unsure:

quite a few people just use a pocket pc with Tomtom software.

Ive been keeping an eye out for 3rd party sat nav. Have a look at TomTomGo. Its a new solution for people who want satnav without the hassle. The lowest ive seen it for is £425 inc vat from Dabs.

i use TomTom with an Ipaq, works great, and at £500 for full on sat nav (customisable) and you get a free PDA...

well worth it

wow, thx for the advise chaps, i might consider one of these as well! :D

btw, is it easy to attach one of these tomtom gos onto the dash of the is where the sat nav would normally go?

and can i use with with my hands free phone?

I've just paid £400 for ipaq 2210, tomtom3, wired gps & incar charger from Dixon's all in as a package and it's the dogs danglys....

The only thing you will need is an SD card for the maps (128mb for about £30 I think)....

i also dont have sat nav, but im not to worried!

just wanted to know if the fold up tv from the original sat nav system can work with say a dvd player or a playstation2?

has anyone done this or know of someone who has?

thanks

J

I've just bought a "TomTom Go" for my wife (my IS has SatNav). Very impressed with it so far. Up to date maps (2004), and a simple all-in-one implementation. 5 mins after opening the box we were up and running. Much better than the PDA solution we used to have.

Cheers

Phil

I've just bought a "TomTom Go" for my wife (my IS has SatNav).  Very impressed with it so far.  Up to date maps (2004), and a simple all-in-one implementation.  5 mins after opening the box we were up and running.  Much better than the PDA solution we used to have.

Cheers

Phil

pobrown, Im thinking of buying the TomTomGo solution, but I have one worry.

Will it work ok on my IS dash as I have read that signals are not that strong behind certain windscreens.

Would you do me a big favour and let me know if it works ok in your IS before I go out and buy.

Cheers.

Worked fine in my IS yesterday, when we used it for the first time (just to test). I used the enclosed suction cup to stick the mounting arm to the windscreen. The Tom Tom unit ending being located just above my normal SatNav screen, and during the 10 mile journey theSatnav signal was always 4-5 bars (max is 5).

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for that phil, Is there also room for it to fit above righthand vent with suction cup?

Also the cheapest ive seen it for is £324 from dabs.

has ne1 here changed the maps (CD) for Sat/Nav on Altezza (imported)?

I would like to know whether it'll change the Jap (language) to English by just changing the CD.

Please help. :zee: