Sign in to follow this  
savvus

Audio At It's Best!

Hi chaps!

After much days fumbling and hard effort I managed to fit me new stereo in with me Autoleads fascia!

Just wondered what you guys thought and I got a few piccies and a video to show....

Display5.jpg

Display3.jpg

Display1.jpg

Video:

Warning 56k'ers 5mb.

Kenwood System

With me having the SE model, I managed to get a wiring harness to keep the original amp, seeing that the amp does a good job sounding beefy anyways.

All is now working with my KEG in the boot which also houses over 10 gigs worth of MP3's (2500 songs). It should keep me going for a few miles now.

Sav. :D

yeh looks great, so how much did the system set you back?

Where did you get the cable from to allow you to use the stock amp in the SE?

I always thought the lead only worked in the S model cars without the amp and 8 speaker system???

That is a very nice headunit, unusual but funky opening mechanism too B)

Have kenwood stopped using the MASK thing then?

We have had a spate of stereo thefts were i live ,can it be taken out when parked as it seems an easy target for a thief

Could you tell us the part numbers for the facia and wiring harness please. Wouldn't mind having some mp3 action in the lex myself. looks sweet by the way.

looking good mate, nice motorised screen action!

Sorry lads, been away - Rhyl of all places...

Answers to questions:

1. Cost?

£800 - got a good deal from the folks at CEL-DIRECT.COM.

Looks they they dropped a boobie as the price is now £899.

2. The front fascia comes off the reveal a warning alarm system. The unit will not function without the fascia. Looks like a normal Kenwood when the screen is retracted.

3. Single DIN fascia.

Purchased this off Ebay for £29.99. When I recieved it, I found out that it was an Autoleads part. Halfords do these I believe.

4. SE Amp Lead.

Aaaa, down to the crunch! I was told from a previous post that the amp from an SE was bypassed and could not be used. I asked my local professional audio people to get me a lead for me to use the amp and with this they did. I do not know the part number or any details. I shall give them a call and let you all know.

The sound is awesome and the practical side of the screen works really well. I have no worries with leaving the unit on display as the removable fascia will deter folk anyway.

Sav.

hi mate, can you give me the number of the guys that got you the lead as i need one asap. gotta fit my kenwood double din screen unit

dont leave us hanging! i got a show on the 11th sept that i need to get ready for, lol

Sorry Don, busy life ..... :blink:

The place your after is called MAX AUDIO. Just down the road for me, bit further for you tho.

Website details: MAX AUDIO

Ask for Dean, tell him your an avid Lexus owner requiring the amp lead and say "word spreads fast regarding good quality items!" :whistling:

Sav.

cheers mate, will call him asap!

Will see if he can order a few of them.

Can you remember how much it was?

I have spoke to this company before. They said it was a manual bypass only, i.e. there are no harnesses available. :yawn:

so what does that mean in english! lol

as long as i plug it in, the sterio works and no hastle i will be happy!

the unit im looking at ddx-7025 can have sat nav added, and its touch screen sat nav!

i gave these guys a ring, and they told me there was no is200 wiring lead. i have to admit to not asking to speak to dean though.

the unit im looking at ddx-7025 can have sat nav added, and its touch screen sat nav!

Hi,

I think this double-din system is one of the best looking aftermarket satnav systems for the IS. Plz let us know how it works out if you get one!

Cheers,

RX-Men-8