Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Audio At It's Best!

Hi chaps!

After much days fumbling and hard effort I managed to fit me new stereo in with me Autoleads fascia!

Just wondered what you guys thought and I got a few piccies and a video to show....

Display5.jpg

Display3.jpg

Display1.jpg

Video:

Warning 56k'ers 5mb.

Kenwood System

With me having the SE model, I managed to get a wiring harness to keep the original amp, seeing that the amp does a good job sounding beefy anyways.

All is now working with my KEG in the boot which also houses over 10 gigs worth of MP3's (2500 songs). It should keep me going for a few miles now.

Sav. :D

Sorry lads, been away - Rhyl of all places...

Answers to questions:

1. Cost?

£800 - got a good deal from the folks at CEL-DIRECT.COM.

Looks they they dropped a boobie as the price is now £899.

2. The front fascia comes off the reveal a warning alarm system. The unit will not function without the fascia. Looks like a normal Kenwood when the screen is retracted.

3. Single DIN fascia.

Purchased this off eBay for £29.99. When I recieved it, I found out that it was an Autoleads part. Halfords do these I believe.

4. SE Amp Lead.

Aaaa, down to the crunch! I was told from a previous post that the amp from an SE was bypassed and could not be used. I asked my local professional audio people to get me a lead for me to use the amp and with this they did. I do not know the part number or any details. I shall give them a call and let you all know.

The sound is awesome and the practical side of the screen works really well. I have no worries with leaving the unit on display as the removable fascia will deter folk anyway.

Sav.

Sorry Don, busy life ..... :blink:

The place your after is called MAX AUDIO. Just down the road for me, bit further for you tho.

Website details: MAX AUDIO

Ask for Dean, tell him your an avid Lexus owner requiring the amp lead and say "word spreads fast regarding good quality items!" :whistling:

Sav.

the unit im looking at ddx-7025 can have sat nav added, and its touch screen sat nav!

Hi,

I think this double-din system is one of the best looking aftermarket satnav systems for the IS. Plz let us know how it works out if you get one!

Cheers,

RX-Men-8